2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was reported in the beginning that Brands didn't want Rafael.

In October it was revealed that Rafael now has full control over transfers.

In November Rafael orders a full review on backroom staff and orders the youth sides to start playing in the same style as the 1st team.

My guess is there's a power struggle and Rafael is essentially doing his job for him.
Can Rafael do his job and get some results? He hasn't got a leg to stand on if this carries on.

He's said the exact same thing for months. There's nothing in that post that's new or a reverse.

We've also said if we don't win between now and Burnley or at the latest Newcastle then he'd deserve sacking. Again, no change whatsoever in view.

The only difference is we're not laying into the bloke after a dozen games, and in some instances laying into him before a ball was kicked.
Really? If I remember correctly you were extatic at one point and now it turns out it was only well hidden indifference.
Also, there is something strange in your logic. So, there is something wrong and even vile to "lay into the bloke after a dozen games' but is ok to sack him 4-5 games later if he continues underachieving. Could you, please, enlighten me about the difference?

Are people really using the Derby defeat to beat Benitez with... you are comparing two clubs... one in its best purple patch for nearly 30 years against a club who has been mis managed and wasted millions for years. If your going to bash Benitez be fair about it.. do it when he has the tools at his disposal and not one arm tied behind his back in the form of players not fit to wear the shirt, he is also having to manage with a shambles up above him with no direction or basic plan of how to go forward...

I’d accept this if he hadn’t played a midfield two against their three. We couldn’t get the ball and couldn’t get out. And even the dumbest posters on GOT predicted this when the team news was out.

You've changed your tune

If we win Monday he's here for a long time as we'll be 8 points above the bottom 3 with a better GD - thats all the board will care about whilst BMD is being built.

All it takes is one scrappy win and whilst that looks difficult atm talk of an imminent sacking is very premature imo.

I think there's an outside chance we'll be sailing close to the wind with relegation spots this season by Christmas. I don't think we'll go down like.

August ^

I don't think we'll go down, but if we don't pick up points early we have a rough November fixture list and a bunch of mental midgets in the squad, combined with a section of our fan base itching to go nuclear, so I can see things going south in a hurry.

So I think it's vital we pick up points now when we can.

September ^

To me, none of this is unexpected. I think that's the difference, combined with me being not arsed about Benitez managing Liverpool in the past. I simply expected us to struggle because of the obvious - the squad is terrible. Absolutely terrible.

And these predictions were before the injuries!

Really? If I remember correctly you were extatic at one point and now it turns out it was only well hidden indifference.
Also, there is something strange in your logic. So, there is something wrong and even vile to "lay into the bloke after a dozen games' but is ok to sack him 4-5 games later if he continues underachieving. Could you, please, enlighten me about the difference?

I've never been ecstatic about Benitez. I've just gave several quotes a few pages back about me thinking him 'merely the best of a bad bunch of options' and I don't rate him too highly at all as a manager.

And the reason 4-5 games would make a difference is because at that point we'd be 20 games into a 38 game season and in real relegation trouble. We're not yet - I appreciate that's hard for people to understand, but the word "yet" is important. If we sacked an Everton manager every time there's the first sign of trouble, we'd be sacking two managers a year every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.