2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been ecstatic about Benitez. I've just gave several quotes a few pages back about me thinking him 'merely the best of a bad bunch of options' and I don't rate him too highly at all as a manager.

And the reason 4-5 games would make a difference is because at that point we'd be 20 games into a 38 game season and in real relegation trouble. We're not yet - I appreciate that's hard for people to understand, but the word "yet" is important. If we sacked an Everton manager every time there's the first sign of trouble, we'd be sacking two managers a year every year.
We won't sack managers if there is no trouble.
From what I gather from your posts the only reason you want Benitez is because you don't want us to change managers and if we somehow manage 5-6 points between now and Christmas it will be enough for him to be given time and funds and for us to be happy. If that's the case we should have kept Big Sam, I am sure he would have done much better than Benitez with those players.
Tell me, please, do you honestly believe that this man is going to improve us if he survives Christmas? And if so, how?

The main argument for sacking him at this stage for what I can see is that it could potentially galvanise the fan base at a time when we seem to be more fractured and disconsolate than we have been for years

Outside of that, any other manager we get in is still going to face the same issues that Benitez currently does

Is it worth pumping out all that compo just to make Goodison that little bit less toxic?

The main argument for sacking him at this stage for what I can see is that it could potentially galvanise the fan base at a time when we seem to be more fractured and disconsolate than we have been for years

Outside of that, any other manager we get in is still going to face the same issues that Benitez currently does

Is it worth pumping out all that compo just to make Goodison that little bit less toxic?
Yes and also I believe relegation is a real possibility that wouldn’t be the case under a below average manager.

No he kept them up 2 seasons in a row, which was his remit. They were relegation favourites. They had only been promoted the season before Rafael got there.
No, his remit was not to keep them up. He also only kept them up via a relegation play off. They had been in that league for a year before he took over.

"But the Spaniard insisted Dalian matched his football ambitions and he was clear that his target was to establish them as a top five or six side in the CSL, as well as creating a legacy for the future of the club by overseeing the production of a £250million training complex.

Yet, in his second season at the club, Dalian are facing up to the possibility of being relegated from China's top tier"

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.