Confirmed Signing Vitaliy Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he didn't tbf. He said Digne said he was ill, so he was not available. That's not Digne 'opting out', that's a player not being able to train the day before a game so he was not included. Benitez tried to play politics, as he does, instead of just saying he was ill. Well, Rondon, Delph and Gray are also all ill. So clearly, it isn't a lie.

The player should play because he is the only natural option we have in the position and he happens to be very good, albeit going through rough form, not helped by the manager. A manager who insisted 'the team comes first' but then proved that is only the case for others and not himself.

I don't mind signing this lad, he could be a good player. But we do not need a left-back and should not need a left-back and the priority singing should not be a left-back, especially a 22-year-old from Dynamo Kyiv for £17m, when we are so desperate in other areas of the pitch.
I think we all realised that RB at least did not believe what Luca was saying about being ill.

Well we know Iwobi wasn't his signing - Joobriachan got Moshiri in on it as his sweetner for missing out on Zaha.

Brands clearly should have been stronger in saying no and putting his foot down. He was with Zaha (and I like Zaha), but not with Iwobi.

Gbamin, yeah it hasn't worked out so far has it, it probably won't do. But is it Brands' fault he was totally mismanaged by Silva, got an injury that was then mismanaged by the medical team, and then got two totally freak injuries? No, it's not, only an idiot would say it was. The fault that lies with Brands for that signing is that it wasn't done ahead of time when we knew Gana was going to go.
Marcel Brands in many respects seems to have been DOF in name only.

It seems the various managers as well as Moshiri were all making the signings they wanted.
I would guess in hindsight he wishes he left earlier.

Anyway, I hope this lad does well. I'm happy with any new additions, they are welcome and at least he's young and is hopefully only going to improve. Just very frustrating that we are still short in other areas that needed to be addressed first.

A Benitez signing.

He's getting blamed for everything with some here so why bother asking?

Because great players don't grow on trees, don't move for cheap and usually to clubs who are in the Champions League and has a chance of winning it. Everton has to build to qualify first.
In the 80's Howard Kendall used to sign quality players for nothing....all about good quality research and hard work

Polish Bob, Mo Besic, Segundo Castillo, Bernard, McGeady, Jo, Oumar, Bily.. what could possibly go wrong when our ace East European Scouting network strikes again?

That’s not true though is it? He’s had some clunkers like Iwobi. Mina we’d probably make our money back. Doucoure is worth what we paid. Gray we’d probably 15x our investment. Digne we got some good years and will still be well compensated when he leaves. Biggest issues for me was because he spent big on a couple flops, we didn’t have the funds to fill actual needs like right back, central midfield depth, etc.
Gray? the boss told him to go get him, that's it.

Gray? the boss told him to go get him, that's it.
It amazes me how people claim to know this type of thing given all the rubbish spouted by the media. If this is confirmed and I’ve missed this then apologies, but honestly people just guess and make crap up to suit their agenda one way or another

It amazes me how people claim to know this type of thing given all the rubbish spouted by the media. If this is confirmed and I’ve missed this then apologies, but honestly people just guess and make crap up to suit their agenda one way or another
Benitez is on th record at the time of his signing to say how he had tracked him for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.