Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I've said...I'm not against it. But as your example pointed out... Leicester sold Kante and Maguire then added 1st team players with plenty of game time, genuine starters for the previous club's (and spent highly btw with Maddison being £25+mill and Tielemans £40mill, Iheamcho £25mill).

We sold Gana - never replaced him.
We sold Stones - Bought Ashley Williams.

Additionally I've already said, it's a mix. The idea we've bought high and bad doesn't mean we shouldnt be able to buy high again but with an agenda, a plan, rather than go the completely the other way.

The main point is £30mill on two players who aren't first team ready (at this level). A lot of fans won't see it like that especially if they don't play for a while or aren't playing well.

I completely get what you mean mate, but I guess the strategy is a simple one for me. It worked well under Moyes, and I think it’s the solution for now.

Until we become sustainable, and don’t need to (we should be 7 years into this, not only potentially looking at it too), it’s the most effective way.

You’ve got to think Patterson and Mykolonko coming, will be doing it with one eye at pushing on, if we can match their ambition, they may well stay on, if not we’ll get a hefty fee and be able to kick on.

I hope we’ve learned from the Gana, Stones scenario and the fact we’re looking at players below 27 is a huge positive for me.

A lot of “ifs” on my behalf, but if we do it correctly it’ll be a very successful model.

Not keen on AMN. Another Arsenal cast off. They are always terrible for us.

Depends what the circumstances are.

If it’s a loan with option to buy I’m for it, he’s versatile and can actually show signs of being a competent footballer.

Iwobi, well, enough said. He’s been the worst pound for pound signing in our history. But wouldn’t be against AMN, if it was suitable for us, wouldn’t be on high wages, just wants to play football, and doesn’t seem to rely on confidence, like Iwobi so heavily does.

Depends what the circumstances are.

If it’s a loan with option to buy I’m for it, he’s versatile and can actually show signs of being a competent footballer.

Iwobi, well, enough said. He’s been the worst pound for pound signing in our history. But wouldn’t be against AMN, if it was suitable for us, wouldn’t be on high wages, just wants to play football, and doesn’t seem to rely on confidence, like Iwobi so heavily does.
Generally when clubs like Arsenal let players go it’s because they aren’t good enough. I know we should base each decision on it’s own merits, bit that is generally our experience of getting players from clubs like Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.