2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We really don’t. They’d had 18 months, three transfer windows, and everything was getting worse and worse whilst we were in the bottom 3.

Benitez has been here a few months, the majority of the players aren’t his, and we’re not in the bottom 3.

How are these positions similar?
He’s been given an inordinate amount of time for a man who has us marooned near the foot.

The results are sub koeman or Silva whichever way you’d like to dress it up - with none of the goodwill those 2 had got as a result of decent first seasons.

Give him the January window and let's see what business he does. I think we all know we need drastic and immediate changes in some positions. I'd also like to see some decent footballers turn up and start entertaining us.
Koppites may be smirking now and we are in a dark place no mistake - but imagine - just imagine - the absolute fume from them if he makes us successful. All we are saying is give B's a chance.

Alright Captain Old School, cards on the table, who do you support? Are you Rafael's agent or what? This is tiresome crap at this stage... Do you know how many managers applied? What do you know about the state of the club. Put your cards on the table and tell us what your agenda is... Basically, Why do you care so much about how RB is viewed by Everton fans when you aren't one?
Why is it so important to you that you need to know so much about my background.. isn’t the important thing what I am saying and if it’s relevant.. if I was the biggest red around and had six gold stars tattooed to my arm, if I came on here and said I think this or that needs to be done in order to get the club back on track and up where many of you think it should be.. if it made sense would you dismiss it simply because of the person who said it or would you say don’t think much of the team he supports but what he said is completely correct..

Why is it so important to you that you need to know so much about my background.. isn’t the important thing what I am saying and if it’s relevant.. if I was the biggest red around and had six gold stars tattooed to my arm, if I came on here and said I think this or that needs to be done in order to get the club back on track and up where many of you think it should be.. if it made sense would you dismiss it simply because of the person who said it or would you say don’t think much of the team he supports but what he said is completely correct..
Is this your tattoo mate ?

FAF980C2-33B5-4E65-BCE9-94AA038E984A.jpeg

Yeah but if we hadn’t sacked Koeman in October it wouldn’t have been. There was a bit of a pick up in results under Unsworth and Allardyce, under Koeman we had clocked off.
If you compare the starts as well though, koeman played 5 of the 6 teams that finished ahead of us the previous season in the first like 8 games or something.

Benitez had what was considered the 2nd easiest (marginally behind wolves) first 10 games in the league.

Another good sign is he seems to be linked with players a lot earlier than some of the previous managers.. normaly some get rushed through a day or two before the transfer window ends but the signs are Benitez knows what he wants already and the wheels are already in motion..
it will be really interesting to see what sort of budget he gets and if he can get some of the higher paid players off the books, the wastage under the previous managers and DOF has been shocking.
I think another positive is players actually want to play for Benitez so that could be another important pull.. the difference for a player sitting down talking about signing for Everton under Benitez is stark difference than sitting down across the table from Eddie Howe or Potter.

If you compare the starts as well though, koeman played 5 of the 6 teams that finished ahead of us the previous season in the first like 8 games or something.

Benitez had what was considered the 2nd easiest (marginally behind wolves) first 10 games in the league.

Yes but the season before we beat City 4-0, beat Arsenal at home, and were 2 seconds away from winning at Old Trafford so it shouldn’t have been beyond the realms of possibility for us to get a couple of results in those fixtures. Instead we rolled over and got absolutely bummed by United and Arsenal. We’d just come off a summer where we’d spent an absolute fortune too and it had become glaringly obvious very early that we’d wasted that money. The Europa League campaign was an embarrassment too and made us the laughing stock of Europe.

Koeman has been a key figure in this situation we find ourselves in today and was very deservedly sacked.

But you say you aren't hiding anything and then you spout garbage like this. People will take you more seriously as a kopite if you own it. Or are you embarrassed by the fact?

As said previously, if you just admit it, people will engage more with you. Stop trying to hide whatever it is you are trying to hide.

Yes but the season before we beat City 4-0, beat Arsenal at home, and drew at Old Trafford so it shouldn’t have been beyond the realms of possibility for us to get a couple of results in those fixtures. Instead we rolled over and got absolutely bummed by United and Arsenal. We’d just come off a summer where we’d spent an absolute fortune too and it had become glaringly obvious very early that we’d wasted that money.

Koeman has been a key figure in this situation we find ourselves in today and was very deservedly sacked.
I dont disagree he should have been sacked. But we hadn't replaced lukaku well enough etc etc etc.

But, pointswise in the league, they are remarkably similar, other than benitez has had more games.

Not sure what the argument is about really. Both records are abysmal and shouldn't be accepted.

I think another positive is players actually want to play for Benitez so that could be another important pull.. the difference for a player sitting down talking about signing for Everton under Benitez is stark difference than sitting down across the table from Eddie Howe or Potter.
Why would you join a team where you know the manager is getting punted by the end of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.