Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree - he's never been given a proper go there. Yes they've preferred other players but that is because as a club they are almost as badly run as we are.

The new manager doesn't even want to play him.

He gets better the less he plays I guess. 2nd season too

I've given my assessment mate: good going forward (as you'd expect from any winger given zero defensive responsibilities); rubbish in defence.

That'll change if he ever becomes an Everton player and defends well.
I am a Bluenose and I have said on the follow follow forum often that only money would take Patterson away from Ibrox,he is an exceptional player and by far better than our captain who is currently first choice.

I’m not bitter or slagging him off. I’ve said several times I rate him, within context.

But there’s a world of difference from being a talented player in the SPFL to making it in the EPL.

Saying stuff like he forced himself into the Scotland setup makes it sound like some sort of out of this world achievement but when you actually look and know Scottish football it’s not really that unbelievable(our 3 strikers were part time footballers within the last few years). We’ve a core of 5/6 really good players and the rest you could chop and change without any real effect on the team.
Think you are doing Scotland a bit of a disservice there .
They've put a fairly decent squad together with some really good younsters coming through.
Gilmour looks class.
Patterson looks a real prospect and his national stats match "der best left back in der werld" Robertson.

I wonder how Moshiri feels about having to replace a hitherto unproblematic player because the manager has fallen out with him?
Moreover he has done so in such public way as to devalue the player making it difficult to realise his true value.
All this when we are operating under serious financial constraints,
I think any owner of any business would regard it as poor performance from his manager under the circumstances.

Just read "his Uncles" comments

Inter is in his heart
Everton is in his head
Newcastle could become his dream ?
In fairness, Newcastle would be the only one of the three mentioned that could afford to purchase outright if he gets shopped around. Clearly 3rd choice.

Think you are doing Scotland a bit of a disservice there .
They've put a fairly decent squad together with some really good younsters coming through.
Gilmour looks class.
Patterson looks a real prospect and his national stats match "der best left back in der werld" Robertson.
It’s not a disservice. Scotland have came on light years recently but it’s really through the emergence of a core group in the lead up to the Euro’s.

McTominay
Tierney
Robertson
McGregor
McGinn

Adams and Gilmour only came into the squad this year.

What stats are these? And Robertson is probably the most criticised Scotland regular among fans. He’s constantly slated for not performing. You won’t find a Scotland fan defending Robertson’s performance unless they work in the media…

I wonder how Moshiri feels about having to replace a hitherto unproblematic player because the manager has fallen out with him?
Moreover he has done so in such public way as to devalue the player making it difficult to realise his true value.
All this when we are operating under serious financial constraints,
I think any owner of any business would regard it as poor performance from his manager under the circumstances.
Seeing as Moshiri owns nearly 100% of the club I expect he is looking forward to the fee from the sale and is hoping Mykolenko will be a big success.

Status
Not open for further replies.