Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've dodged FFP due to not spending and selling in the summer. It's the final year of the 3 year review.

We've now got another 3 years before they start sniffing again.

This makes no sense, its rolling.

Are you absolutely sure about that?

I thought the profit and sustainability rules were based on a 3 year rolling period?

Exactly.

If so then how are we spending north of 35m with potentially no outs?

We arent spending £35mil...if its £35mil over a 5 year contract then that is £7mil in Jan for FFP.

£105mill loss over 3 years. We're currently sitting in the red by -£35mill (apparently) since 2018/2019 accounts to 2020/2021 (awaiting to be published). This won't include Kean, James, Bernard being punted. Kean will go down as a £30mill asset sold, and the wages of James and Bernard will more or less take us out of the red.

Digne being ousted for say £20mill clears us further going into next season. Add Tosun, Delph, Siggy, all out on contract we'll dive into 2021/22 being able to throw it about a little just as long as in the next 3 years, we're able to keep within £105mill losses.

We kinda press a reset button. Also add to the fact sponsorship rules are changing which provides some more favourable income.

You mention this:

2018/2019
2019/2020
2020/2021

What about this:

2019/2020
2020/2021
2021/2022

It keeps rolling...what reset are you referring to?

Horrendous. We massively overpaid for Sigurdsson but to give him his due he has contributed in his time here. Not as much as he should, but he has a bit. Bolasie, Tosun, Delph and Iwobi are the ones who really make me feel ill. Wouldn’t even like to see the figures for them 4 combined.
150M+

Exactly.

We arent spending £35mil...if its £35mil over a 5 year contract then that is £7mil in Jan for FFP.

You mention this:

2018/2019
2019/2020
2020/2021

What about this:

2019/2020
2020/2021
2021/2022

My theory is that a 'reset' will come in the summer, with a big sale of Richarlison and potentially Calvert Lewin... And a big profit being booked essentially bringing us back to zero allowing is to make losses in the following years again...

This is based on what?

And I'm not advocating the ex kopite either. I just think a guy that can't oust Matic, Fred, and McTominay doesn't bode well
I don't think Van de Beek is going to be playing as a holding/defensive/central midfielder any time soon.
He's going to have to oust Bruno Fernandes or hope the manager decides to change to a system where he can play along side him.

Eh? You’ve just said we might be spending 35m over 5 years which is 7m per year
Zat is correct

How we spread the payments is totally irrelevant for the sake of FFP and P&S rules

FFP takes the total transfer fee and equally spreads it across the length of the contract when it accounts for the amortisation

Whether we pay up front or on the drip makes no difference to FFP

Eh? You’ve just said we might be spending 35m over 5 years which is 7m per year

See post below

150M+

My theory is that a 'reset' will come in the summer, with a big sale of Richarlison and potentially Calvert Lewin... And a big profit being booked essentially bringing us back to zero allowing is to make losses in the following years again...

Most likely...although we dont actually need to make a big sale.

Just a few small ones.

Zat is correct

How we spread the payments is totally irrelevant for the sake of FFP and P&S rules

FFP takes the total transfer fee and equally spreads it across the length of the contract when it accounts for the amortisation

Whether we pay up front or on the drip makes no difference to FFP

Correct ;)

I am not saying I like the bloke or agree with what he did and at Chelsea last game I openly booed him, but I do think, like Coutinho he is an upgrade on what we have. If we can find better that’s great, leave him alone but if we can’t he would offer us something short term.
I’m pretty sure he would have to be totally stupid to come back though
Welcome back Ross.

Exactly.

You mention this:

2018/2019
2019/2020
2020/2021

What about this:

2019/2020
2020/2021
2021/2022

Just going off what I've read. Their rules are basically wolves at the door warnings for them to peak their nose in. Hence why it's rolling but doesnt mean once if gets out of hand, you can't recall and balance before setting out again. It's about the ability to control your clubs finances.

When I say "reset" 'm not saying it starts again...I'm saying it makes the league back off once were in a sustainable position in their FFP position.

If it wasn't the case, we wouldn't be spending what we are in Jan...and there would have to be a substantial player transfer going out.

….you post as though you know what is happening when you’re as clearly in the dark as the rest of us.

What is absolutely clear is that Brands has not been in control of transfer activity, yet you continue to blame him because it’s suits your agenda. You want managerial control, yet managers have been able to bring their own players in. The problem is, so has Moshiri.

- When Koeman was here we had the incredible situation of Walsh, Koeman and Moshiri bringing in their own players.

- Brands was more circumspect. He has made it clear he brings no players in without the Managers say so. Various managers he’s worked with accept his recommendations to varying degrees. In the meantime, they bring in their own players as does Moshiri.

- Benitez appears to have made it clear to Brands that he won’t consider his suggestions. This makes Brands role untenable and he resigns. The indication is that the new LB is a Moshiri signing. We don’t know for certain, but there have been posts on here suggesting this. As previously, at the moment the situation could be that Benitez and Moshiri are bringing in their own targets.

I won’t defend Brands but blaming him for everything masks the real problems at our club.

He`s doing what he always does, presenting his agenda driven opinions as fact.

When, as you say, he has as much idea about what`s going on behind the scenes as the rest of us.

Notice, how he never passes any comment on the signing of the fat mess Rondon !!!!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.