New Everton Stadium Discussion

I don’t think any hotels will be built there Dave when you can walk 15 minutes to the city centre where there’s plenty.
Stood at the gates of BMD, you can see a hotel no more than 250 yards away. You could hit it with a driver with relative ease.

1641073652699.png

Over time, I do feel that there'll be some more hotels popping up in the area.

Who do we think are first game at Bramley Moore will be.
Bolton after they were the first we played at goodison
Bayern Munich
Rangers or Celtic
Or a traditional old School gaint like Ajax or inter .
Hard to pick I’d like Ajax

As I said, the maximum allowable under the Green Guide/Sports Grounds Safety Authority is 33 degrees. This will represent the majority of the stands in our new stadium.
Although there is no direct information on the rake of the seats in the Juventus Stadium, the "UEFA regulations for stadium infastructure" state that any stand angle greater than 34 degrees is likely to cause vertigo.

So I don't think you have to worry about the comparison. At least ours won't have those stupid metal poles in each corner.

34° used to be maximum rake according to the guide, but there are lots of examples of steeper stands. I think the top tier of NWHL has 35° rake. For comparison the Top Balcony is over 38°.

Outside images- stunning, But from the inside images of the ground does look like all the rest of these modern bowl stadiums. When you see Goodison on tv you know its Goodison. I think I understand where people are coming from when they say it would have been good to have one stand with overhangs or something a bit different.

Outside images- stunning, But from the inside images of the ground it just looks like all the rest of these modern bowl stadiums. When you see Goodison on tv you know its Goodison, this new ground looks like all the others. I think I understand where people are coming from when they say it would have been good to have one stand with overhangs or something a bit different.
Way too late to be even thinking about debating this.
It went through a detailed and comprehensive consultation process for the good folk of Everton to voice their opinion.

FWIW I think it looks boss inside & out.
Single steep sides are far better than overhanging tiers for me.

Cant wait ti be in it.

Chelsea have their own on site and there's loads around there. The Titanic would be the nearest one. Mile and a half into town for the next nearest.
I know the Chelsea one was incorporated with the stadium rebuild by Ken Bates and is owned by the club but any hotel by our new ground would have to be financed by an existing large hotel chain and it wouldn’t make financial sense to compete with the Titanic and other hotels closer to the city centre.I might be wrong but didn’t the Hilton chain pull out of building one next to the anfield souvenir shop?

Stood at the gates of BMD, you can see a hotel no more than 250 yards away. You could hit it with a driver with relative ease.

View attachment 150385

Over time, I do feel that there'll be some more hotels popping up in the area.
Last year somebody applied to build a hotel next to Sandhills station but LCC refused it . The reason for refusal was it would be out of place in an industrial area ( or words to that effect ) I'm sure others will pop up between now and 2024.

I haven't been keeping up with the news and been preoccupied lately, is the work ongoing and how far have they progressed..
Hardly any progress mate, proper Everton that, started off with the wrong type of water in there, then it kept refilling with koppite tears, then work was halted when @davek superglued himself to the main gates.