Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on, it goes with the territory that you need to have that ego, self belief to manage, but this imposter is all politics, control-freakery and power plays.

I don't care that he's ex-RS, he wasn't good enough to be appointed in the first place, has done nothing to justify the support some on here afford him.

Get rid, it's bad enough Digne will go, but who else has to be sacrificed on the altar of his ego before enough is enough?
The next manager will have a lot harder job on his hands than he was given.

Richy will be next, wears his heart on his sleeve the FSW wont take a critical view.

The next manager will have a lot harder job on his hands than he was given.

Richy will be next, wears his heart on his sleeve the FSW wont take a critical view.
There are people on here who will be practicing the script now, he wanted to leave in 2020, at least we'll get some money for him and reinvest it, he's selfish and moody not a team player, doesn't fit the 4-3-3 the manager wants...

What did we learn from that.?

1. We are absolutely crap when we play 5 at the back
2. With the players we have at our disposal, we need to play with a midfield 3. not 2.
3. Rondon is an absolute waste of space and should be nowhere near the pitch
4. Gomes is pretty useful when played from the bench. but needs a little bit more than 5 minutes if you want him to impact the game
5. The side is completely unbalanced if you don't have a naturally left footed left back.
6. We have a manager that put's his ego ahead of the team.
7. We have a group of young players whose enthusiasm lifts the other players
8. Keane is an absolute liability when his confidence is low..

Erm. Am I missing something here. Didn't we already know all those things before the 'kin match kicked off.

Anyway, only one candidate for MOM. Anthony Gordon. Anyone who picks anybody else today is surely on a wind up. Well done lad, you didn't deserve to be on the losing side. I'd have also started with Branthwaite and brought on either Simms or Dobbin ahead of Rondon. Absolutely criminal that we went without Digne.

Decent team Brighton and it was never going to be an easy game. But we could have taken all points today with the right personnel and formation.
Spot on barnfred
Apply for the managers job when RB gets volleyed

Seems a tad harsh on @sageyefc :blush:
What’s a tad harsh is the curse that has been placed on us ? The reason for the sage. I wonder if a smudging from far away could do the trick ?

330D7814-9A2A-4C8C-A7FD-D454B01E0999.jpeg

Of course I was. That's because the other option was Tom Davies.
Well it wasn't, actually. The other option was actually to change shape and make up for the loss of a key player who is the only player we have that comes close to being able to play in a midfield two.

Benitez decided that the answer was Tom Davies playing the same role.

You're doing the thing that FB92 does. Acting like we don't all blame the players. We do, but it's not mutually exclusive is it. The players are bad and the manager is making them even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.