Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report and MotM poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean where do we start.

1. Lineup. Utter abomination of duties and disrespectful to both Digne, the players and fans that some of the lads got played where they did.

2. Players. Holgate is a disgrace. His attitude is poor and he is symptomatic of our issues at the club. No heart, no desire and no idea. Bog off.
Same can be said of Godfrey, Keane, Kenny.

3. Manager. Out of his depth seemingly and stubbornness will be his undoing.

I've not posted on here for some time, so here goes.
Moshiri, Blue Bill & Rafael stink more than the horse [Poor language removed] on Goodison Road

That team selection was baffling in the extreme. It seemed to be shut up shop and don't concede then hope for a winner from a set piece. Godfrey, Keane and Holgate were all at sea and Coleman had to constantly come back on his right foot. Benitez will lose more of the crowd game by game unless it turns around sharpish and we start winning more. The players seem scared at the moment and the atmosphere is becoming more toxic, it was notable that Rondon went straight down the tunnel at the end.
He's either very very negative or fears for his job. Maybe both

I couldn’t make it to the match today because of a family emergency, but relegation is a very real prospect now.

It’s a very old adage but it’s true: if you can’t win your home matches, when you’ve got the crowd right behind you and all those home advantages, then you’re in trouble.
To be honest the crowd definitely weren’t the proverbial 12th man today. But you could argue that the lads don’t deserve our support.

Sutton was saying on the radio today that our players’ heads went down when we were giving them stick!! And he was having a go at us rather than the players. Unbelievable.

I appreciate that we’ve got no money and we’ve had terrible luck with injuries but Benitez has got to go.

Jazzy's alternative match Report.

I knew it was going to end badly when ,just as I started walking up the ramp at Kirkdale the heavens opened and by the time I'd got to the Melrose Abbey I was soaked.

I ignored the temptation of visiting this fine establishment ( I am after all going dry for January). Anyway I digress.

Reached the old lady and after meeting chums took my seat to witness Everton paying tribute to @messymascot and all other Evertonians that have passed this year. Well , surprise surprise they messed that up as well.

So on to the game. Brighton's Potter set out to weave a magic spell to ensnare the Blues but really it wasn't necessary as Benitez hit the self destruct button inexplicably playing Kenny at RWB despite the fact that he gets nosebleed when he crosses the half way line and even worse Coleman at LWB despite having a French international whose natural position that is on the bench. To top the lot he played 2 in midfield and abracadabra we were completely overrun.

Brighton went 2 nil up and just like Prince Andrew didn't break sweat.

DCL blazed a penalty over apparently distracted by @anjelikaferrett in the Park End.

Half time came and went without Snr Benitez bothering to alter anything.

Potters lot continued to boss the 2nd half until Gordon hit a speculative shot that was deflected in. The crowd were up , the force was with the blues , surely the manager would change to a back 4 and get another midfielder on.....err no.

Brighton scored a deserved third before Gordon got his 2nd this one a far better goal after some lovely build up.

The crowd were desperate for some Benitez magic and hold on ....its Rondon. Well if you can't have magic then comedy will do right.

And the game fizzled out. The crowd booed and chants of Benitez out were heard.

Wild rumours swept the ground. Had Benitez been sacked? He was seen with a face like thunder. No actually it seems that the new signing Vitaly had been found tucking into Snr Benitez KFC and had been threatened with the transfer list.

Status
Not open for further replies.