2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ironic sort of way - and I am NOT a Rafe-ite in any form or fashion - but maybe it needs someone like him to light a fire under the arses of the club's hierarchy and cause a complete overhaul of the current laisse faire system we appear to have both created and endured for the past 20+ years. This will be his last job and at his age he probably doesn't give two f..igs about who he upsets as long as when he goes, as he sees it, he leaves the club in a better position both on and off the field. Let's be frank, he was a RS manager who dissed us but he still lives in or around Merseyside and I'm sure he would love nothing more than to be warmly welcomed by fans of both clubs when he retires rather than having to run the gauntlet of disgruntled Blues. Just my thought seeing as I don't see him getting hoofed anytime soon.

In an ironic sort of way - and I am NOT a Rafe-ite in any form or fashion - but maybe it needs someone like him to light a fire under the arses of the club's hierarchy and cause a complete overhaul of the current laisse faire system we appear to have both created and endured for the past 20+ years. This will be his last job and at his age he probably doesn't give two f..igs about who he upsets as long as when he goes, as he sees it, he leaves the club in a better position both on and off the field. Let's be frank, he was a RS manager who dissed us but he still lives in or around Merseyside and I'm sure he would love nothing more than to be warmly welcomed by fans of both clubs when he retires rather than having to run the gauntlet of disgruntled Blues. Just my thought seeing as I don't see him getting hoofed anytime soon.
we've just seen the hierarchy take advantage of Brands sacking to install another puppet, and it seems allow Kenwright to re-install himself as DoF.

No fires are being lit under them by this man, I can assure you of that.

His place is on the field results, and he is failing at that.

we've just seen the hierarchy take advantage of Brands sacking to install another puppet, and it seems allow Kenwright to re-install himself as DoF.

No fires are being lit under them by this man, I can assure you of that.

His place is on the field results, and he is failing at that.
Ok, I accept that. But Brands tenure has come to a sticky halt - other Managers were just willing to accept him but Benitez clearly didn't and I am sure he has the ear of Moshiri. And all said, Brands didn't exactly prove proficient in his transfer dealings. The point I am trying to make is that, puppet or not, perhaps Moshiri has brought him to hide behind whilst the Club reorganised from top down and if or when it goes t*ts up he isn't the one responsible.

His fire lighting is not going too well at the moment is it? Before he worries about lighting fires under the hierarchy of the club, he would need to do his own job properly, his tactics, formation, team selection and use of substitutes is crap. His man management skills consist of hectoring and bullying people and then throwing them under the bus to try to mask his own inadequacies, but, yeah old Benitez is the boy to overhaul our current laisse faire set up.

His fire lighting is not going too well at the moment is it? Before he worries about lighting fires under the hierarchy of the club, he would need to do his own job properly, his tactics, formation, team selection and use of substitutes is crap. His man management skills consist of hectoring and bullying people and then throwing them under the bus to try to mask his own inadequacies, but, yeah old Benitez is the boy to overhaul our current laisse faire set up.
The hierarchy seem to have done him up like a kipper anyway given todays developments.

His place as you say is on the pitch and what a disaster it has been

that'd all be well and good mate if he was any good at his job himself, but he isn't

Yes, his tactics are absurd but then we have many GOT members saying he has inherited a lot of dross and with injuries thrown in he is now just rolling the dice and needs to be gauged on performances once he has the squad he wants. My concern is that whatever the underlying reason for his appointment he doesn't have many games left to turn things around so my confusion and anxiety is increasing exponentially after each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.