Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t want El Ghazi. I’d rather have the cash.

All I will say is, there’s probably a lot of pairs about how Gray and Townsend weren’t what we needed in the summer either. Yet now no one would swap Gray for Leon Bailey for example. Same thing happened with Idrissa Gueye. We need to judge players for what they do in a blue shirt.
We really don’t need a winger at the minute and if we’re stuck for FFP we desperately need a midfield and a centre back before one.. not a clue where he would play and the fact he’s not good enough for Aston Villa isn’t a good sign

We really don’t need a winger at the minute and if we’re stuck for FFP we desperately need a midfield and a centre back before one.. not a clue where he would play and the fact he’s not good enough for Aston Villa isn’t a good sign

I don’t think we will get him for exactly that point, we don’t need a winger

That said though Gray wasn’t good enough for Leicester or Leverkusen, Townsend wasn’t for Palace, there’s countless examples of players that aren’t getting in at one club that thrive at another.

Here’s another scenario as well. We get El Ghazi in as part of the Digne deal for very low value. Iwobi is then sold in this window. The money from that goes towards a CB or a central midfielder. I’d accept that as Iwobi offers virtually nothing. El Ghazi could be cover for Gordon Gray and Townsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.