2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many pivotal games have come and gone now?

The feller is being backed by the man who holds the power.

If we get beat by Norwich does he realistically sack the man who just spent £36M and is in the process of recruiting another 2?

This constant hope for dramatic change is having a massive destabilising effect on the organisation.

The manager will be given enough time to get better results if we dont get dragged into the bottom 3. I would have thought that was obvious by now. Moshiri is not going to do what he did with Koeman, Silva and Allardyce.
Think you are right do not think moshiri will sack him if he has survived the Derby defeat and defeats like Brighton it's basically all eggs in one basket with benitez it's sh*t or bust hopefully the likes of Burnley Newcastle don't go on a winning run because Man city onwards towards the end of February cannot see us picking up many points

I think we'll be alright in the sense I don't think 2 of the bottom 4 will put enough of a run together to overtake us. If anyone will it'll be Newcastle simply due to January investment.

Yes, it is depressing those are the terms we are talking about this season in.

If he loses to Norwich then any sensible person would say he has to go.

You can’t just lose that many games/points in the premier league and be expected to keep your job.

I think we will beat Norwich though and go on a bit of a decent ish run to give us some breathing space and give Benitez more time.

How many pivotal games have come and gone now?

The feller is being backed by the man who holds the power.

If we get beat by Norwich does he realistically sack the man who just spent £36M and is in the process of recruiting another 2?

This constant hope for dramatic change is having a massive destabilising effect on the organisation.

The manager will be given enough time to get better results if we dont get dragged into the bottom 3. I would have thought that was obvious by now. Moshiri is not going to do what he did with Koeman, Silva and Allardyce.
The problem is due to the way things are progressing we will be in the bottom 3 with about 6 or 7 games to go, not within the next 5 or 6 games from now.

A few more defeats on the bounce from now and Moshiri will cotton onto what is actually happening and act.

He’s spent 40m to try and avoid relegation - this has 0 to do with ‘backing the manager’ as you seem to think.

Last edited:
Let's be completely clear. None of this is a blip. We've been garbage for most of the season, with the exception of a few games at the start where we played some poor teams. Even the games we won - Burnley, Southampton, Brighton - we were 2nd best for large parts of those games. 6 points in 12 games isn't a bit of a poor run, it is an absolute horror show that no amount of injuries can possibly justify.

There's accepting a transitional season while seeing evidence of long-term green shoots. Then there's been our season to date.

It all comes down to us appointing the wrong manager at the wrong time. We needed and still need a total rebuild. Benitez, as far as I can see, is not the man to do that. Be pleased to be proved wrong on that, but can't see it.

The problem is due to the way things are progressing we will be in the bottom 3 with about 6 or 7 games to go, not within the next 5 or 6 games from now.

A few more defeats on the bounce from now and Moshiri will cotton onto what is actually happening and act.

He’s didn’t 40m to try and avoid relegation - this has 0 to do with ‘backing the manager’ as you seem to think.
That's not reading the situation realistically.

I'll be honest - despite the bravado at the time I wouldn't have been at all surprised if Benitez had been sacked after the derby.

But once that came and went and we beat Arsenal (yes, were beaten at Palace) and drew with Chelsea, I knew Moshiri wasn't looking at this manager in the same way as he has the others who he sacked.

I think he's completely in lock step with Benitez and he's backing him to the hilt with time and whatever cash is available right now. The only thing that will trigger a sacking IMO is if we join the bottom 3 in the next few weeks.

Let's be completely clear. None of this is a blip. We've been garbage for most of the season, with the exception of a few games at the start where we played some poor teams. Even the games we won - Burnley, Southampton, Brighton - we were 2nd best for large parts of those games. 6 points in 12 games isn't a bit of a poor run, it is an absolute horror show that no amount of injuries can possibly justify.

There's accepting a transitional season while seeing evidence of long-term green shoots. Then there's been our season to date.

It all comes down to us appointing the wrong manager at the wrong time. We needed and still need a total rebuild. Benitez, as far as I can see, is not the man to do that. Be pleased to be proved wrong on that, but can't see it.
I like this. Very good ?

We've been garbage for about 5 of the 6 seasons since Moshiri tipped up here.

Think you are right do not think moshiri will sack him if he has survived the Derby defeat and defeats like Brighton it's basically all eggs in one basket with benitez it's sh*t or bust hopefully the likes of Burnley Newcastle don't go on a winning run because Man city onwards towards the end of February cannot see us picking up many points
I can see Burnley, Watford, Newcastle and Norwich picking up even less points - and that's probably the determining factor.

We've been garbage for about 5 of the 6 seasons since Moshiri tipped up here.

Not as bad as this. I'm not saying we've had a lovely time of it lately as that is a ludicrous assertion - mediocrity has permeated our club for years now - but we've been getting swotted away in games like some of the dark days of constant relegation fights.

I'll be honest - despite the bravado at the time I wouldn't have been at all surprised if Benitez had been sacked after the derby.

But once that came and went and we beat Arsenal (yes, were beaten at Palace) and drew with Chelsea, I knew Moshiri wasn't looking at this manager in the same way as he has the others who he sacked.

I think he's completely in lock step with Benitez and he's backing him to the hilt with time and whatever cash is available right now. The only thing that will trigger a sacking IMO is if we join the bottom 3 in the next few weeks.
As I’ve said above and which you’ve conveniently ignored - the way things are going - we are still benefiting from our ok start to the season. That buffer will protect us for maybe another 10 games or so. We are 20th in the form table over the last 12 games.

I ask you again, what would you expect Moshiri to do if we hit the bottom 3 with 7 or 8 games left. Surely it will be too late to change the manager, but you can’t seriously think he has ignored the possibility of the situation playing out in that manner ?

Given we seemed to chase Patterson prior to Benitez appointment and it's been rumoured we wanted Mykolenko while Ancellotti was here, are we convinced that Benitez has wanted them?
They are Benitez signings. There's no layer of bureacracy above Benitez now. If he didn't want them do you think he'd have them here? Itls his choice to go ahead with these signings. There's no morsel of comfort there for anyone who wants him out that another figure is conducting transfer activity and it doesn't mean a thing for his tenure here. He is being allowed to back his judgement and roll out a team. His team.

As I’ve said above and which you’ve conveniently ignored - the way things are going - we are still benefiting from our ok start to the season. That buffer will protect us for maybe another 10 games or so. We are 20th in the form table over the last 12 games.

I ask you again, what would you expect Moshiri to do if we hit the bottom 3 with 7 or 8 games left. Surely it will be too late to change the manager, but you can’t seriously think he has ignored the possibility of the situation playing out in that manner ?
You've had my answer.

I agree with you he's probably not going anywhere unless he loses a few in a row here but Kevs right with the way we're picking up points if that happens later in the season rather than now then we're 'Donald ducked' big time. If I was Moshiri and we weren't at 28-30 points come Man City 26 Feb then I'd be sacking him. Anything below that by that stage of the season puts us in a tricky spot probably sitting around 15th/16th with trickier games coming up and less 'winnable' games left.

Status
Not open for further replies.