2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said already: if we fall into the relegation places that's a sackable offence...and that's the way the owner thinks too, as he dismissed both Silva nd Koeman under thosen circumstances.

We should be higher than we are right now. It's not acceptable. But if we'd had Richarlison and DCL together for even half of this season we would be midtable easy. No club with a poor squad like this can suffer that and not fall into the bottom half.

If we finish 17th-15th this season I'd be wondering whether Benitez is up to it, but not necessarily wanting him sacked. I am sick and tired of a manager per season since Moshiri got in here. We have to stop the rot.
You don't know what the owner thinks Dave, none of us do. I'm not sure even the owner knows what the owner thinks.

No correct that, I'm not even sure the owner thinks.

Thing is Dave, I dont think I am necessarily a better Blue not by a long way, for a number of reasons too, cant go as often, fell out of love with them a little, even despair at how they make feel sometimes, ruin weekends regularly, its like a marriage really, you take the odd good vibe as it feels real good but then "Everton That!" happens and the cycle starts again!

But what I do and what you allude to is I have a pragmatic overview and nothing strikes me that what Rafael does as pragmatic, systematic or worthy of the adulation some pour on his "records" if anything its rather Archaic in its philosophy, there is no doubt this Club needs a massive overhaul, what you don't do is give that job to a man who has NEVER really done that and certainly not in recent times and don't give it to a man who immediately divided a fanbase at the whim of an "idiotic" owner who thinks, but really doesn't know better and has actually failed to learn anything about his past mistakes over the last 6 years. It was doomed to failure.

I get that you say you dont necessarily like him but at least be honest with your appraisal in that, this form and his approach cannot continue as it is, or it will have serious consequences for the Club that brings us all on here everyday.

Being contrary for the sake of it is rather bemusing, after all you arent @ForeverBlue92 looking to "increase" your score on GOT as a your primary aim! Well I dont think you are anyway?

Some of us set our stall out and rightly or wrongly you either stand for something or you dont stand at all, I believe 100% he is doomed here but at the same time I DO want Everton to win, I ant my lad to feel the way I did in the 80's, its what we all want, surely!

At the same time I will celebrate Everton when we win and give credit when its due but I wont hold back when its rather obvious even to people like me (I just watch as I enjoy it rather than being able to dissect every tactic but fair play to those that notice the nuances of the game, I wish I had the capacity), when something is badly wrong and it is currently very badly wrong and a good portion of that sits with Rafael set up!

Anyway, still love ya ya great big Orange Ball bag of loveliness! ;)

UTFT
Well we agree an overhaul is needed. And I think most do. We can talk all day about Benitez, but the reality is he's the one here and tasked with that overhaul.

The choice is to get behind him and that process or oppose him and hope the next manager comes in and carries out that necessary but unpopular task...and there wont be too many managers out there prepared to take that unpopularity on or invest years doing it. Anyone in the 'good manager' category will want cash to spend; anyone outside that category aren't welcome.

I think Benitez is bloody minded enough to make a good start on this restructuring and that's all that interests me about him. People can talk about not wanting a Kopoite in charge or that the tactics are dinosaur if they want. But I see a start made on laying down clear channles of command that includes the bureaucracy on the playing side of the club and the players.

Of course, if we fall into the relegation spots trying to restructure as this horrendous injury-ravaged season progresses then we have to call someone else in. But the restructuring cant be ducked.

Yeah but we've had relegation form since October, and if it carries on much longer we will be there. We are only not in the bottom 3 already since there are some truly awful teams in this league, but Watford still hammered us, Burnley outplayed us for 60 mins and we still have Newcastle to come Home & Away.

I get that we've been without DCL and Richarlison but surely there were better options than continuously using Rondom,. Thats the definition of a stubbornesss which will be his downfall - probably sooner than later
Relegation form is determined by what every team in the bottom half is doing, not one team. And the bottom 4 look sunk to me.

I mean, ones a bright young manager but a kopite.

The others a washed up, arrogant loser who is also a kopite.

I know which one I'd rather have.

There’s levels.

There’s no world where the likes of Dalglish Souness Gerrard would ever agree to manage this club. Even Klopp wouldn’t do it.

The very fact Benitez is here shows he couldn’t give two stuffs about his Liverpool connections.

There’s levels.

There’s no world where the likes of Dalglish Souness Gerrard would ever agree to manage this club. Even Klopp wouldn’t do it.

The very fact Benitez is here shows he couldn’t give two stuffs about his Liverpool connections.
It shows he wanted to live at home, it's got nothing to do with Everton.

We were just stupid enough to let him.

And the fact that he's their's is but one reason why we should never have appointed him.

I said already: if we fall into the relegation places that's a sackable offence...and that's the way the owner thinks too, as he dismissed both Silva nd Koeman under thosen circumstances.

We should be higher than we are right now. It's not acceptable. But if we'd had Richarlison and DCL together for even half of this season we would be midtable easy. No club with a poor squad like this can suffer that and not fall into the bottom half.

If we finish 17th-15th this season I'd be wondering whether Benitez is up to it, but not necessarily wanting him sacked. I am sick and tired of a manager per season since Moshiri got in here. We have to stop the rot.
Fair assessment mate, i can understand that logic.

Hopefully Benitez is able to turn it around!

Comical the way the defeated rabble who want Benitez out are comforting themselves with stories of every player getting sold off or loaned out...when in reality it's just that ferret Digne.

Hard lines lads.
1641924303671.png

Status
Not open for further replies.