2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a revolution going on in the playing side of this club. It;'s been brought about by a crisis in finances and governance. A plan is in place to deal with that. This manager is central to its rolling out and the change of direction we desperately need.

It appears to me that most people realise that and would be up for it under another manager. But Benitez is here to do it and I dont give a flying one who he once managed. He was a Liverpool manager and got stick at the time. Now he's an Everton manager and the sensible will accept that.

I dont particularly care for him, but I am 100% behind what he's trying to do here. I just hope he gets the full 3 years to get this club a serious proposition again and not the drunken sailor it became under the last 3 FT managers.
Ah, so he's sorta like Tony Blair reforming the Labour Party and seeing off the howls of protest from the old left types with entrenched outmoded views.

Think he needs 5 years myself. Now you've put it in those terms, I'm on board. ? Things will only get better ?

I agree with you about needing a change in culture (who doesn't and preferably a winning one for a change) but it didn't need to have been Benitez that would attempt that change. A choice of manager about who many, many Blues had deep felt tribal reservations.

Any number of managers could have come in and worked to the same brief without dividing the supporters from the outset. Benitez started with a deficit of support and that hasn't got any better. A different manager without the baggage would be getting more support and probably given more time.

There's no guarantee of success with Benitez but there was a guarantee of dissention amongst supporters - I don't think it was worth appointing him then as I was never sure that he'd be given the three years that any manager will need to turn things around.
Do you really have ANY faith in our board to get it right at the 6th time of asking?
We have constantly been paying about 3 managers at any given time over the last 8 years. It needs to stop.
Add that to the compo we paid Wigan, Southampton and Watford only to sack them all just shows what a basket case of a club we are.
We have Benitez here now because he was free. Simple as that. It's the only area we were looking. Rightly or wrongly it seems only out of work managers with PL experience was the mandate but did you expect any different with those in charge?
If he goes it's Dunc in charge. No way I could get on board with that. He needs to go out for experience.

Didn't want Benitez but can see him still here next season.

Personally I would have offered the job to Carlo's son in the summer. It was rumoured he was doing all the work.

There is a revolution going on in the playing side of this club. It;'s been brought about by a crisis in finances and governance. A plan is in place to deal with that. This manager is central to its rolling out and the change of direction we desperately need.

It appears to me that most people realise that and would be up for it under another manager. But Benitez is here to do it and I dont give a flying one who he once managed. He was a Liverpool manager and got stick at the time. Now he's an Everton manager and the sensible will accept that.

I dont particularly care for him, but I am 100% behind what he's trying to do here. I just hope he gets the full 3 years to get this club a serious proposition again and not the drunken sailor it became under the last 3 FT managers.

I’m just hoping we can get enough points to keep the knives at bay. These players are in the last chance saloon and know it. They know they’ve got a couple of weeks to get him fired or it’s game over for them.

Norwich should be interesting. After the cup game we should be chomping at the bit and turn them over no problems. If we come out though and it’s the usual nonsense of CBs ducking under set pieces, midfielders jumping out of tackles, players booting the ball out the pitch, then it’s just this torrid group of players doing their best to get him out. Which they’ll probably succeed in doing.

I don’t really care who the manager is at the moment, the culture of the squad, that of a lads group who turn up when they feel like it, aren’t accountable to anyone, and won’t take a shred of criticism, needs to be obliterated. If that’s by getting rid of players or by giving them ultimatums I dont really care. They need to realise that they’re not in charge, they do what the manager tells them, they answer to the fans, if they give less than 100% they’re out, and that it’s a privilege for them to play for us not them doing us a massive favour by collecting their wage every week.

@davek at what point would your unwavering support of Benitez diminish mate? say we finish 15th-17th this season (which i think we will) would you then start to say “that’s not good enough we need a change” or would it have to be the following season if we did not see any improvement from this campaign?

I agree that the club needs / needed a drastic change in direction but i am yet to see any evidence at all that Benitez could possibly be the man do undertake such a task
I said already: if we fall into the relegation places that's a sackable offence...and that's the way the owner thinks too, as he dismissed both Silva nd Koeman under thosen circumstances.

We should be higher than we are right now. It's not acceptable. But if we'd had Richarlison and DCL together for even half of this season we would be midtable easy. No club with a poor squad like this can suffer that and not fall into the bottom half.

If we finish 17th-15th this season I'd be wondering whether Benitez is up to it, but not necessarily wanting him sacked. I am sick and tired of a manager per season since Moshiri got in here. We have to stop the rot.

I’m just hoping we can get enough points to keep the knives at bay. These players are in the last chance saloon and know it. They know they’ve got a couple of weeks to get him fired or it’s game over for them.

Norwich should be interesting. After the cup game we should be chomping at the bit and turn them over no problems. If we come out though and it’s the usual nonsense of CBs ducking under set pieces, midfielders jumping out of tackles, players booting the ball out the pitch, then it’s just this torrid group of players doing their best to get him out. Which they’ll probably succeed in doing.

I don’t really care who the manager is at the moment, the culture of the squad, that of a lads group who turn up when they feel like it, aren’t accountable to anyone, and won’t take a shred of criticism, needs to be obliterated. If that’s by getting rid of players or by giving them ultimatums I dont really care. They need to realise that they’re not in charge, they do what the manager tells them, they answer to the fans, if they give less than 100% they’re out, and that it’s a privilege for them to play for us not them doing us a massive favour by collecting their wage every week.
What if the fans want the manager out?

This is why it's important for Benitez to add to the players he brought in during last summer. If he gets shut of Digne and he gets another couple in (another in defence too) then the possibility for sabotage is reduced...and then almost obliterated if he gets next season and he replaces a lot of players in the summer.

Tbf, I'm not seeing a team throwing games here. I genuinley see effort. That performance the other day was a team digging in to get to the next round - and the fact they've got points from behind all season underlines the effort they're handing Benitez. The defending is the issue, but I just think they are poor quality defenders who cant execute. Godfrey looks incapbable of instruction, Keane isn't the most switched on at set pieces, Holgate is another who just thinks standing still is a decent way of defending a cross. We need an upgrade at CB desperately. Only Mina was decent at set pieces and we cant rely on him.

Thing is Dave, I dont think I am necessarily a better Blue not by a long way, for a number of reasons too, cant go as often, fell out of love with them a little, even despair at how they make feel sometimes, ruin weekends regularly, its like a marriage really, you take the odd good vibe as it feels real good but then "Everton That!" happens and the cycle starts again!

But what I do and what you allude to is I have a pragmatic overview and nothing strikes me that what Rafael does as pragmatic, systematic or worthy of the adulation some pour on his "records" if anything its rather Archaic in its philosophy, there is no doubt this Club needs a massive overhaul, what you don't do is give that job to a man who has NEVER really done that and certainly not in recent times and don't give it to a man who immediately divided a fanbase at the whim of an "idiotic" owner who thinks, but really doesn't know better and has actually failed to learn anything about his past mistakes over the last 6 years. It was doomed to failure.

I get that you say you dont necessarily like him but at least be honest with your appraisal in that, this form and his approach cannot continue as it is, or it will have serious consequences for the Club that brings us all on here everyday.

Being contrary for the sake of it is rather bemusing, after all you arent @ForeverBlue92 looking to "increase" your score on GOT as a your primary aim! Well I dont think you are anyway?

Some of us set our stall out and rightly or wrongly you either stand for something or you dont stand at all, I believe 100% he is doomed here but at the same time I DO want Everton to win, I ant my lad to feel the way I did in the 80's, its what we all want, surely!

At the same time I will celebrate Everton when we win and give credit when its due but I wont hold back when its rather obvious even to people like me (I just watch as I enjoy it rather than being able to dissect every tactic but fair play to those that notice the nuances of the game, I wish I had the capacity), when something is badly wrong and it is currently very badly wrong and a good portion of that sits with Rafael set up!

Anyway, still love ya ya great big Orange Ball bag of loveliness! ;)

UTFT
Mate, Dave doesn't go at all. Hasn't for years. All of his nonsense about good supporters and bad supporters is all conducted from his commode. He claims his absenteeism is some sort of moral crusade, he's a lunatic.

Mate, Dave doesn't go at all. Hasn't for years. All of his nonsense about good supporters and bad supporters is all conducted from his commode. He claims his absenteeism is some sort of moral crusade, he's a lunatic.
Ironically a word he's used repeatedly to describe the manager he wants to oversee the direction of the club for the next few years.

I said already: if we fall into the relegation places that's a sackable offence...and that's the way the owner thinks too, as he dismissed both Silva nd Koeman under thosen circumstances.

We should be higher than we are right now. It's not acceptable. But if we'd had Richarlison and DCL together for even half of this season we would be midtable easy. No club with a poor squad like this can suffer that and not fall into the bottom half.

If we finish 17th-15th this season I'd be wondering whether Benitez is up to it, but not necessarily wanting him sacked. I am sick and tired of a manager per season since Moshiri got in here. We have to stop the rot.
Yeah but we've had relegation form since October, and if it carries on much longer we will be there. We are only not in the bottom 3 already since there are some truly awful teams in this league, but Watford still hammered us, Burnley outplayed us for 60 mins and we still have Newcastle to come Home & Away.

I get that we've been without DCL and Richarlison but surely there were better options than continuously using Rondom,. Thats the definition of a stubbornesss which will be his downfall - probably sooner than later

Status
Not open for further replies.