2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you want about Potterball but he wouldn't have treated our Lucas like this.

@BlueToff
Oh I'd rather have Potter any day than what we have now. I'm not his biggest fan but if we'd have got him in the summer then it would have shown a bit of forward planning and think most people would have been happy to commit to the project!

This is my entire issue. Fans can say 'any manager would have to do what Benitez has done' but, ultimately, they wouldn't have done because most managers don't fall out with players (whether that's on Benitez or the player himself) at the rate RB does.

the fans are gonna go full Lukaku clapping aren't they - when they recognised his wanting away and change of tactics as ambition for the club to do better......... rather than seeing it for what it was, another overpaid millionaire with far too much to say.

The only mistake in all of this is that Benitez will not be allowed to be the man who makes some necessary unpopular decisions that will disrupt the comfort that has destroyed our team.

The club absolutely nailed it there...as they did for the departures of James and Bernard.

Three players who all share one thing in common: they achieved nothing at the club for massive wages, tried to cause bad publicity for the club and are no great loss.

Perfect postscript by EFC. Bascially: "Lucas who?"
Digne didn't say anything publicly until last night, when he said goodbye to the fans.

Everton are 15th and have won 2 games since the start of October.

Everton who?

Oh I'd rather have Potter any day than what we have now. I'm not his biggest fan but if we'd have got him in the summer then it would have shown a bit of forward planning and think most people would have been happy to commit to the project!

This is my entire issue. Fans can say 'any manager would have to do what Benitez has done' but, ultimately, they wouldn't have done because most managers don't fall out with players (whether that's on Benitez or the player himself) at the rate RB does.

There isn't much that can be done now, Moshiri is balls deep in Benitez only thing getting him oot would be full on protests at Goodison but the home crowd will never accept that sort of call to arms.

He's here for the long term imo

the fans are gonna go full Lukaku clapping aren't they - when they recognised his wanting away and change of tactics as ambition for the club to do better......... rather than seeing it for what it was, another overpaid millionaire with far too much to say.

The only mistake in all of this is that Benitez will not be allowed to be the man who makes some necessary unpopular decisions that will disrupt the comfort that has destroyed our team.
Lukaku was probbaly better than Everton at that stage, sometimes you accept that and get the money.

Digne had signed his new contract last year, and fell out with this manager because he dared to question tactics that had taken us on one of our worst runs in recent memory. There's a difference.

There isn't much that can be done now, Moshiri is balls deep in Benitez only thing getting him oot would be full on protests at Goodison but the home crowd will never accept that sort of call to arms.

He's here for the long term imo
I actually really want Benitez to be here in May because if he isn't I think we're relegated.

But he should be shot from a cannon in the summer. He's the worst manager in the Premier League atm

‘Let’s get rid of the crap in the squad’ yeah let’s start with Lucas Digne :hayee:

Astounding really
A player that nearly every Evertonian had said before all this had been poor for 18 months. The re-writing of history for him is bizarre.

We got one good season out of him.

I'm just relieved we have his better replacement in and we have £25M to strengthen elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.