The Illicit Power of Our Overpaid and Underachieving Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well our players certainly are cowards and should be criticised, however we have played shocking football from the start of this season. Even at the start when we won a few games we didn't actually look that good, we won through luck. Benitez had used the wrong tactics from the start and 100% needed to go.
Attitude, we go out expecting the worst and that comes from the Kopite.. I am hopeful a flukey win might save us but this is as bad as I have seen

I understand that you dont fell up to debating me.

Don’t really know what it is you want to debate. We all agree, the playing squad are [Poor language removed], we want most of them moved on and have done for ages.

I suppose the only thing to pick you up on is you seem to have deduced this means the manager can’t also be [Poor language removed], which is obviously bollocks, isn’t it. So yeah, not much to debate.
We all know what happens now:

Manager sacked
Coaching staff stay on
Players regroup and become galvanised ready to play
New manager comes in
Team hits bad run of form and lands in the bottom half
Players go missing
Manager sacked.

ad infinitum

At a minimum any new manager should be allowed to bin the current coaching staff and start afresh with every single one of their own team employed alongside him. Gerrard insisted on that at Villa and brought the whole lot down from Glasgow. It's what any well run club would insist on: punish all levels of failure.

Not this club though...and so on and on we go with the lack of success. Rewarding serial failures.

Manager sacked
Coaching staff stay on
New manager comes in
Players go missing
Manager sacked.

ad infinitum

At a minimum any new manager should be allowed to bin the current coaching staff and start afresh with every single one of their own team employed alongside him. Gerrard insisted on that at Villa and brought the whole lot down from Glasgow. It's what any well run club would insist on: punish all levels of failure.

Not this club though...and so on and on we go with the lack of success. Rewarding serial failures.
Happens at every club apart from the top two in the league. It’s the modern game. Stop being a dinosaur.

You take a chance and employ a manager/coach. It works out for a year or two or doesn’t. You sack them and employ someone else.

Literally happens in every club in the world.

He deserved sacking because he was legitimately inferior and incompatible for our club.

Manager sacked
Coaching staff stay on
New manager comes in
Players go missing
Manager sacked.

ad infinitum

Look, I agree. I’ve been pulling my hair out at the club not moving on players who proved time and again they weren’t good enough. Take Morgan Schnederlin, a cowardly weasel of a player, how long did he hang around. When we eventually sold him he did an interview saying he wanted to go the previous summer but Brands convinced him to stay for one more season as a favour to the club. I mean wtf!!

Look at the pitiful return in terms of assists, chances, goals all our other midfield/wide midfielders have got over the last 3/4/5 years. Iwobi FFS. They stay regardless and we expect things to change. It won’t.

Whoever the manager is, it’s a big rebuild required - I agree. Rafael just isn’t the man to do that rebuild and never was.

Who? I am quite tired of these blanket statements yet nobody can seem to point to players who actually exhibit the behaviour described.

We know Keane is crap, Iwobi - too, Coleman is past it, Gomes is slow - are they the downers of tools? That's only a fraction of the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.