Manager sacked
Coaching staff stay on
Players regroup and become galvanised ready to play
New manager comes in
Team hits bad run of form and lands in the bottom half
Players go missing
Manager sacked.

ad infinitum

At a minimum any new manager should be allowed to bin the current coaching staff and start afresh with every single one of their own team employed alongside him. Gerrard insisted on that at Villa and brought the whole lot down from Glasgow. It's what any well run club would insist on: punish all levels of failure.

Not this club though...and so on and on we go with the lack of success. Rewarding serial failures.
At a minimum any new manager should be allowed to bin the current coaching staff and start afresh with every single one of their own team employed alongside him.

In 2019 Brendon Rodgers left for Leicester, without his backrrom staff from Celtic m8. The very same backroom staff he left behind were vilified by the fans during Neil Lennon's last year in charge, when they had an abysmal season (by their standards).

Ange Postecoglou took over at Celtic, got a good tune out of the players he was left with but with the exact same backroom staff. Celtic fans are very encouraged by their current form.

I have watched as mutiple Celtic fan pods last season rubbished and wanted rid of players they now laud. Ange took over a team with NO STARTING DEFENCE. A goalkeeper they paid over 5M for and no one trusted. Your very own Jonjo Kenny couldn't nail down a starting rightback slot in a team that had none.

The managers job is to get the best from the players at his disposal, be that with tactics or rhetoric. If he fails that is on him. Do players get managers sacked? Of course they can but the players are the clubs assets and that won't change... ever.

Many teams fans have wanted to 'wipe the slate clean', attractive it may be, practical it is never.

I realise I'm new here but I just wanted to give a little 'outside' perspective :)

Nothing to do with the fella who has been coaching them and setting tactics then?
Make no mistake - whatever your view on Benitez - this will be another casualty brought about by the dressing room at this club. Another group of players have downed tools and seen off another manager by the looks of it.

An attempt has been made to pull power away from the dressing room and toward the manager and they have reacted by handing in terrible performances.

It will happen again and again and again. It's the reason why this club will continue to go nowhere fast. We are utterly cursed by a culture of 'dont give a flying one as long as I'm paid'. The coaching staff beyond Benitez should be booted down the road. They've been there for years and have allowed this lack of professionalism to persist and probably encouraged it.

And so here we are: another managerial search (lost count of them) in the 6 years Moshiri has been here.

The biggest enemy this club has got and will continue to have are the frauds running around in blue jerseys on the pitch.

Or you could’ve just wrote, ‘I was wrong to back an over the hill kopite will you all forgive me’
He was never on the hill, when you actually look at his record, it isn't that great really. When they won the Champions league, they struggled to get through the group stage, they only won the final because of a jammy rebound from a penalty , Dida letting it go through his hands and Shevchenko missing a open goal from 2 yards out. They just about got to penalties against a newly promoted West Ham side and had relied on a worldy from Gerrard to get them to that stage. In 2007/2008 it was found out that, had Everton been given the right decisions from referees we would of qualified for the top 4.

He was incredibly lucky that Gerrard never suffered from any serious injuries during that time, or he'd of been screwed. Yes he bought Alonso, but then again he sold him and tried to replace him we effin Aquilani. Torres has 2 good seasons, then went pretty average. Mascherano, and Agger were alright, but who else did he buy that set the world alight. They lost a champions league final, when it was pretty much a home game for them, they got destroyed by an incredibly average Arsenal side, the same season 3 times. When you compare his transfer record to Moyes, Moyes comes out on top.

Then you look at the 2008/2009 season, they managed to drew against Stoke, Hull, Man City, Fulham, West Ham at home, which cost them the title. His record in the FA cup and the league cup is pretty average, what would of been like, without Gerrard and the fact that before Man City, it was almost impossible for teams outside of the top 4, to break the cartel..

Happens at every club apart from the top two in the league. It’s the modern game. Stop being a dinosaur.
Stupid comment, ffs. So what the top 2 get rid of all staff? Or Keep coaches who have failed? Or do we stop being a dinosaurs and accept it happens apart from the top 2? Who are the top 2 by the way?

@davek Roy Keane echoing what you are saying here mate

But they also go onto say that Benitez position is untenable now as no matter the circumstances you can't keep losing games like this. The alternative to what you're suggesting is relegation unfortunately

The worst player this season has been Seamus Coleman in my opinion.
This is not because he’s ‘downed tools’ or because he didn’t give 100% for the manager.
This is because he’s a limited footballer and never fully recovered from his horrible injury.

He has given 100% this season even though he’s played right back, right wing back, right center back, right wing and even recently most bafflingly left wing back!
These decisions to play an out of form, past his best player all over the pitch and wildly out of position were made by the manager and nobody else. Coleman gave his all but was hung out to dry today again by a manager that kept playing him even though we had JJK, Patterson, Holgate and Mina on the bench so could’ve played multiple different systems!

We’ve had some bad eggs like Schneiderlin in our time but I’m not sure we do right now to be honest - I think the players just lack direction and have been poorly managed.
I have been and will be a big fanboy over Coleman, but I agree with you.

It pains me to see him struggle, he would be a great motivator behind the scenes. We could do what Moyes is doing with Noble at WestHam. Get him a graceful walking off into sunset.

The hired hands have never been, and never will be the problem. It will always be the ones who hired them, and can fire them.

But you knew that. Enough pot stirring, the locker room has no power except afforded to it by those that actually decide who to bring into that locker room, and even the sweaty towel on the rack such as yourself can see that.

The culture is there and the coaching staff are ever-present.

Maybe we have a great bunch of lads and they all pull together and have given 100% to all managers?

I think I missed that like.
One problem at a time. If Benitez was giving 100% then he is as many suspect a terrible manager(these days at least)...If he wasn't giving 100% then, ya know, adios, which surely by your own logic you agree with right?

Status
Not open for further replies.