2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The 'Rafael never had a chance' line is such utter BS.

Thing is, while he was not many people's first choice, the vast majority of blues here and elsewhere were willing to give him a shot. Nobody wanted to see us fail, nobody wanted to see us burn through yet another manager needing a big payout. But he's presided over such a shockingly rotten downturn in form - easily our worst in well over a decade - that there was never any hope.

I can't imagine any manager surviving longer than him while serving up such utter slop.
“Needed more time”

Time is rarely given to any football manager and yet Benitez still had six months to show some, any, improvement within games and didn’t.

His supposed strengths, of organization and defensive solidity, were not displayed at all - if anything we were getting worse defensively regularly conceding first to poor teams and then relying on moments of individual skill to try to claw something back. Substitutions were a joke as was persistence with players that weren’t performing and outdated tactics.

Off pitch things were clearly turning poisonous both with staff and fans - time would not have solved this relationship, better for all concerned to end it.

The 'Rafael never had a chance' line is such utter BS.

Thing is, while he was not many people's first choice, the vast majority of blues here and elsewhere were willing to give him a shot. Nobody wanted to see us fail, nobody wanted to see us burn through yet another manager needing a big payout. But he's presided over such a shockingly rotten downturn in form - easily our worst in well over a decade - that there was never any hope.

I can't imagine any manager surviving longer than him while serving up such utter slop.

Name me another manager who had death threats placed on banners near his house, spray painted on walls, banners hung up around the stadium and training grounds. The sheer amount of abuse he got from fans who were willingly wanting us to lose every week. Got next to nothing to spend in the summer. Etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.