2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name me another manager who had death threats placed on banners near his house, spray painted on walls, banners hung up around the stadium and training grounds. The sheer amount of abuse he got from fans who were willingly wanting us to lose every week. Got next to nothing to spend in the summer. Etc etc.
Ha ha ha Benitez is gone mate gone, and you can go as well.lol

Name me another manager who had death threats placed on banners near his house, spray painted on walls, banners hung up around the stadium and training grounds. The sheer amount of abuse he got from fans who were willingly wanting us to lose every week. Got next to nothing to spend in the summer. Etc etc.
you utter, utter clown

Oh NO, he has gone. Despite my advice to give Rafael until May before making a decision, the axe has fallen. I hope it does not take until May to find a replacement. Not Duncan please. Some on here will be tongue tied with the words fat, kopite and rat rendered redundant.

Obviously the (geographically inaccurate) death threat was appalling behaviour. But the fact remains that the majority of fans - including, crucially, the matchgoers - were behind him at the start of the season. And then we started losing every single match and they turned. He likely got less patience from the fans than another manager would have got, but he compensated with an abundance of backing from a chairman who seemed keen to reshape the squad and the club around a manager who'd done nothing with us to prove his acumen. Ultimately, nobody made him decide to come to a club whose fanbase was primed to dislike him. Perhaps another example of his ego and hubris.

I'll say again what is apparent and inarguable: there are many things wrong with Everton FC. Their problems do not begin or end with Rafael Benitez. But he has been awful - truly, astoundingly bad - during his brief time with us, and deserves no more time and patience than he has had. I repeat: Whatever issues you may have with the fans or the players or the board, Rafael Benítez has been a very, very bad manager for us and does not deserve to remain in position.

Let's draw a line under this whole sorry affair and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.