2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name me another manager who had death threats placed on banners near his house, spray painted on walls, banners hung up around the stadium and training grounds. The sheer amount of abuse he got from fans who were willingly wanting us to lose every week. Got next to nothing to spend in the summer. Etc etc.

Mods. Ban this guy or ban me. Please.

Well its sink or swim for big Dunc.

Give him till end of the season. If it doesn't work hate to say but he have to head to a ower club and cut his teeth.

Name me another manager who had death threats placed on banners near his house, spray painted on walls, banners hung up around the stadium and training grounds. The sheer amount of abuse he got from fans who were willingly wanting us to lose every week. Got next to nothing to spend in the summer. Etc etc.
Not condoning any of that behaviour at all, it is disgusting, but he knew what he was doing by joining the club , after all he knows the city.

I suppose the kings ransom he was getting paid was worth taking that chance.

Just maybe he shouldn’t have made disparaging comments about the club in the past.

Lost 11 mil in compensation and about to hire Rooney. We've won nothing.
"WE"
On your way lad tá-ra
images (10).webp

Obviously the (geographically inaccurate) death threat was appalling behaviour. But the fact remains that the majority of fans - including, crucially, the matchgoers - were behind him at the start of the season. And then we started losing every single match and they turned. He likely got less patience from the fans than another manager would have got, but he compensated with an abundance of backing from a chairman who seemed keen to reshape the squad and the club around a manager who'd done nothing with us to prove his acumen. Ultimately, nobody made him decide to come to a club whose fanbase was primed to dislike him. Perhaps another example of his ego and hubris.

I'll say again what is apparent and inarguable: there are many things wrong with Everton FC. Their problems do not begin or end with Rafael Benitez. But he has been awful - truly, astoundingly bad - during his brief time with us, and deserves no more time and patience than he has had. I repeat: Whatever issues you may have with the fans or the players or the board, Rafael Benítez has been a very, very bad manager for us and does not deserve to remain in position.

Let's draw a line under this whole sorry affair and move on.
Very well put.

There are myriad problems with EFC. How on Earth anyone thought Rafael Benitez was the man to resolve any of them is bizarre. Doomed from the start.

“Needed more time”

Time is rarely given to any football manager and yet Benitez still had six months to show some, any, improvement within games and didn’t.

His supposed strengths, of organization and defensive solidity, were not displayed at all - if anything we were getting worse defensively regularly conceding first to poor teams and then relying on moments of individual skill to try to claw something back. Substitutions were a joke as was persistence with players that weren’t performing and outdated tactics.

Off pitch things were clearly turning poisonous both with staff and fans - time would not have solved this relationship, better for all concerned to end it.
Absolutely. I’d have taken one single sign of progression. What we got was universal regression across the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back