Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he only used a rigid 4-4-2 but he also used Holgate in midfield, Davies on the right of a midfield 4 (if I'm not mistaken) and played with the handicap of Iwobi in all four games he was in charge for. That to me suggests he can get the most out of players whilst be savvy with positional changes. Not as "limited" as you think.
I think it will go downhill very quickly with Ferguson, passion will only get him so far. If appointed he'll get my backing, for what it's worth.

I don't want Lampard. He only did okay with Derby by bringing in tons of Chelsea loan players. I feel like if he came here, he would flood our team with players to develop for Chelsea with no chance of buying. Avoid imo

Agree mate, we need passion, fight and need to be hard to beat, only thing that matters is points. We could get this badly wrong, Lampard, Martinez, Rooney would be a disaster to varying degrees.

Id honestly give the job to Dyce for 2-3 years, he will just get on and manage the football sensibly, despite boardroom mess like he has at Burnley.

Hed also keep us up. We need a ground zero.

we can talk of Mourhino and the like, but we arent anywhere near the rung on the ladder to be implementing a different sophisticated philosophy for a couple of years, we need fight and basics, but more importantly points.
Dyche would certainly be the best of the safety first candidates and hard to argue that safety isn't the absolute priority.

He would crawl here I think. He just is the complete opposite of the glamour appointment people want, but it shouldn't exclude him from active consideration with the mess we are in. I'm surprised given Kenwrights previous interest that he doesn't seem to be featuring in the speculation
Not so sure hed want to come here mate, i think youd have to be off your bin to come and manage here at the moment. Managers are an endangered species here. While we look like what we are - a basket case.
You would want to be insane but he would never get a better offer. He would take the job in a heartbeat I'm sure.
Failing at it isn't a blackmark in your career anymore, sadly.

You called him a carpetbagger, without actually even knowing what a carpetbagger is.

Once again your amateur dramatics kick in with stupid ill thought out comments like “undivided support” without actually knowing what my stance on Moshiri has ever been.
I have praised Moshiri for his investment in the club, that is all. I have never critiqued his business acumen until he recently appointed that kopite rat.

I know you are on a reconnaissance mission due to the absolute show you have made of yourself over the last few weeks, but I’d suggest another target, I’m way above your mouth frothing level of intellect.
That's what I said.

You should have held fire on his performance until there was evidence that he was good for the club or not.

It's been obvious to me since his first year here that he's our Jesus Gil - an interfering egomaniac and someone who just wants a stadium built and then sell on.

A clueless carpet bagger.

Dont tell me I got that wrong.

Agree mate, we need passion, fight and need to be hard to beat, only thing that matters is points. We could get this badly wrong, Lampard, Martinez, Rooney would be a disaster to varying degrees.

Id honestly give the job to Dyce for 2-3 years, he will just get on and manage the football sensibly, despite boardroom mess like he has at Burnley.

Hed also keep us up. We need a ground zero.

We can talk of progressive foregin coaches and the like, but we arent anywhere near the rung on the ladder to be implementing a different sophisticated philosophy for a couple of years, we need fight and basics, but more importantly points.
Would rather get relegated trying to play attacking football under Martinez than support a football team managed by that troglodyte.

I think Dunc until the end of the season. With the chance to earn his job full time, if he wants it. Everyone will say never managed, well he either does it now or never will. One thing, he has learnt from 5 or 6 managers how not to manage Everton. If he has half a brain he will learn from that. Its about instilling fight into the team for the rest of the season. Get rid of out of contact and deadwood players and start from there, in preseason.

I also think if we aren't appointing an Everton Man ie Rooney, Moyes etc. Then Dunc should leave. Most managers prefer to pick their own backroom. Could it even be undremining having an assistant forced on you? Dunc should go and manage to be ready to come back next time. Not that I want the big man to move, but if he's going to be manager its time do it.

Dyche would certainly be the best of the safety first candidates and hard to argue that safety isn't the absolute priority.

He would crawl here I think. He just is the complete opposite of the glamour appointment people want, but it shouldn't exclude him from active consideration with the mess we are in. I'm surprised given Kenwrights previous interest that he doesn't seem to be featuring in the speculation

You would want to be insane but he would never get a better offer. He would take the job in a heartbeat I'm sure.
Failing at it isn't a blackmark in your career anymore, sadly.
I like Dyche a lot and I don't know why he hasn't been discussed more .
He's obviously annoyed at the lack of resources available to him and he's a right laugh during press conferences.
He wouldn't be my top choice but I certainly wouldn't blame the club for appointing him .
He's done very well with some championship players.

Is he good at tennis - we need a manager who understands our club, eg - the only pre war Managers to win trophies are ex players ..... from Harry Catterick onwards -
As stated earlier, we cannot continue to hold this as some sort of mantra, football has moved on, the premier league is an international league, the days when we were winning stuff with ex-players most clubs were still mostly British owned and staffed (four years after the prem started). Nothing says small time like a club that still looks inwards for progression.

I like Dyche a lot and I don't know why he hasn't been discussed more .
He's obviously annoyed at the lack of resources available to him and he's a right laugh during press conferences.
He wouldn't be my top choice but I certainly wouldn't blame the club for appointing him .
He's done very well with some championship players.
I just reckon he doesn’t fit with what Moshiri wants, which tends to be high profile glamour managers. He’s done a very good job at Burnley though.

Status
Not open for further replies.