Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not seeing huge amounts of people moaning about the other options. Showing reservations perhaps, but not writing them off saying they won’t back them.
I’m not so sure, every name mentioned so far has met resistance for numerous reasons.. some understandable and a lot of presumption and guesswork. Any manager taking any job anywhere is always a risk, I think some people need to realise that there is no definitive answer to this problem we are facing right now.

We're awful mate, the club is broken, its going to take years to fix - im really worried. All the red flags are there and this managerial search is far from filling me with confidence.
I feel the same. Concerned we don't have the personnel for a relegation fight, we need more than new manager bounce that's for sure.

Last edited:
I dont agree.
He has faced adversity in his career.
He had the guts to forge a career for himself at West Ham despite being seen as only in it because of his father.
He had the guts to go to Chelsea of all places from West Ham.
He did a solid job at Derby and Chelsea, if not spectacular.
Didn't he have to deal with a transfer ban at Chelsea as well?

Whilst they're not exactly struggling for players, it did force them to play kids rather than signing ready made players

Maybe he'd have earned it? The goal of a manager is to help a team win games. If we win games under him would be strange to not give him it.
Well winning three games could potentially make us safe which is good.
Winning three games out of nineteen I'd argue is not so good. As I posted earlier I worry that would warrant giving him a permanent contract.

I’m not so sure, every name mentioned so far has met resistance for numerous reasons.. some understandable and a lot of presumption and guesswork. Any manager taking any job anywhere is always a risk, I think some people need to realise that there is no definitive answer to this problem we are facing right now.
They aren't great candidates thats why so there are legitimate reasons why people won't be 100% happy with them but that doesn't mean they won't get support when they're here and if they do well then even more so. It's not like people are being sniffy about Guardiola or Simeone every name thats properly linked would be a risky appointment none of them have any track record of doing what we want so it would be strange for people not to question their credentials.

Status
Not open for further replies.