Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be in a desperate hurry to get something done this week even though Dunc is a perfectly good option for Saturday.

If you are doing your due diligence you can only make an appointment like this so quickly if you have begun the process weeks in advance and know who is coming in before you sack the current incumbent, as Spurs did with Nuno / Conte.

With the club not naming an interim I thought that might the case but if we are just proceeding to an interview stage now clearly not. So what’s the hurry?

Been in charge of Chelsea and been one of the best premier league players ever, why would he be scared of Evertons perennial under performers ? Can think of a lot worse, Martinez for instance.

Can be worse, but that’s because I rate Martinez in the same brackets as Allardyce.

Lampard couldn’t handle the pressure and the player unrest etc…

There’s a lot worse than Lampard, but there’s also a lot better.

Well he definitely wasn’t a model pro but I think I know what you mean!

The two go hand in hand for me, if you don’t look after yourself off the pitch you won’t perform at your best on it. Rooney got away with that to an extent because he was outrageously talented but that’s not the case for our lot.
I don't know anything about how he behaved off the pitch mate but what I seen of him on it was an unselfish totally committed footballer who always put the team before himself.

I don’t think Lampard is strong enough to be our manager.

We have many toxic personalities at Everton, and can I see him grabbing that by the balls, and changing it? I don’t think I can to be honest.

That makes me nervous.

I dont agree.
He has faced adversity in his career.
He had the guts to forge a career for himself at West Ham despite being seen as only in it because of his father.
He had the guts to go to Chelsea of all places from West Ham.
He did a solid job at Derby and Chelsea, if not spectacular.

Based on what? From what I saw he was tactically, very limited.

I know he only used a rigid 4-4-2 but he also used Holgate in midfield, Davies on the right of a midfield 4 (if I'm not mistaken) and played with the handicap of Iwobi in all four games he was in charge for. That to me suggests he can get the most out of players whilst be savvy with positional changes. Not as "limited" as you think.

Id take Duncan as interim AND in a ideal world would hire Roy Keane as interim defensive coach because he would give them a kick up the backside. Leave attacking to Duncan. Leave defence to Keane.
I genuinely couldn't think of a worse partnership.

Lampard and Rooney are parodists. They can train my dog so they can retrieve them, not Everton. Of the proposed set, Graham Potter would be the best. My dream choice would be Erik ten Hag or Jorge Jesus.
PS. Now Benítez should not be kicked out ... The club is run by losers and they spend money on weak players.

Wonder who the other 2 are. I’d speculate that Ferguson will be interviewed so that’s 3. The 4th could be anyone. Given how farcical we are, the most likely candidate is Roberto Martinez in disguise having escaped Belgium under cover of darkness. Hope it’s Kovac, Potter or even Garcia though.

Status
Not open for further replies.