Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The former Croatia and Eintracht Frankfurt boss won the DFB-Pokal with the latter in 2017-18 after guiding them to the finals the season before.

He won the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and DFL-Supercup with Bayern in the 16 months he spent with them before moving to the Ligue 1.

Monaco reached the Coupe de France finals last season after leading them to third place in the table, missing out on the title by just five points, and Everton could do with such a manager.
That's a good C.V that but is it likely ? I have no idea .

But who wouldn’t be a risk at the moment ? You mention pep and simeone, even they would be a risk right now
Well there you go then that just proves the point further. All of the managers have got risks attached so when they come up people talk about the risks I don't know what else you can do its either that or we all just say its ok it doesn't matter who we get.

Any reports in who the other two are?

Lampard Rooney and then..

Favre? Or is it going to be genuinely Allardyce?
Not seen anyone put a name to it, just the usual 'ITK' speculative nonsense.

Two others gives the journos and sources the wriggle room in case someone not on their shortlist is announced. If you say three others or more it sounds like you don't know, if you say one, you're getting found out when the interview process drags on.

I think Lampard or Rooney both keep us up, and then go on to have terrible starts next year and are gone by this time next season.

Lampard will do his one trick of coming in and injecting energy with youth players. Branthwaite, Onyango, Gordon, Dobbin and Simms see more minutes and we get a bounce, a few good results (and some pats on the head for tigerish performances in losing to big teams). Then, the players settle into the team, energy levels drop a bit and lack of actual tactical nous comes to the fore.

Rooney almost identical, except the energy comes more from the chest-thumping "WHO ARE WE?" mentality he'll bring. We'll grind out some good results and maybe even take a big scalp or two along the way.

Kovac has the best CV by a mile. If he or Marsch are remotely interested we should be going after them. We won't, though.

Long story short, welcome back, Big Sam.

I am swayed towards Lampard currently. He clearly has a good work ethic and you could tell that when he was a player. He won't upset people and did do a good job at Derby. But really it's the best of a bad bunch. Potter is the outstanding candidate but I don't think he will leave Brighton.

The rest just seem poor to me. What has this kovac guy actually achieved in the game?

I am swayed towards Lampard currently. He clearly has a good work ethic and you could tell that when he was a player. He won't upset people and did do a good job at Derby. But really it's the best of a bad bunch. Potter is the outstanding candidate but I don't think he will leave Brighton.

The rest just seem poor to me. What has this kovac guy actually achieved in the game?
He also did a good job at Chelsea. The team assembled by him won the CL and have hoisred that club back into the elite. Every Chelsea fan will tell you that, I'm pretty sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.