Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just can’t see the fans getting behind Lampard. This is an absolutely massive turnaround job and the second he loses a few games the fans will want him gone for being Chelsea through and through.

Rooney is probably the only one of the lot who would keep any sort of fan loyalty if there was even the slightest down turn. Which in itself is a said indictment on the fan base as he basically had us off for the best part of his career.

Just blooding those players was an achievement though, and it had a positive impact on that club. Very few other Chelsea managers did that, chasing short term success instead and it harmed their longer term success.

If it’s a choice between the four candidates Sky mooted, he is the one most likely to succeed here.
It was a necessity. They were under a transfer ban and had just sold Hazard. It was also years too late for many Chelsea fans who had seen scores of youth products not get a game then go elsewhere.

The upside of going for someone like lampard is, he might not be the manager we want right now, but he’s got plenty of room to grow and learn from his mistakes if we’re patient.
He was never getting that at Chelsea.

Would much rather someone a bit more exciting, but it’s slim pickings at the minute.
I’d take a young up and comer any day of the week over one of the usuals off the manager merry-go-round.

The same argument could be used for either Ferguson or Rooney, too. But, Lampard strikes me as someone with a bit more between the ears and someone I’d imagine is a quick learner.
Exactly

And that's our only chance in our current position. I don't understand how people haven't realised this yet.

It was a necessity. They were under a transfer ban and had just sold Hazard. It was also years too late for many Chelsea fans who had seen scores of youth products not get a game then go elsewhere.

Not sure the last bit can he blamed on him, and for the former there were senior players he could have picked instead.

I know it's stupid but I wrote an email to DBB. Or at least whoever is reading that email.

ceo@emails.evertonfc.com

They'll never know unless they know. And I wasn't even advocating for anyone particularly, just that they need to broaden their fn viewpoint and look outside the PL for a manager because they've failed with every single appointment with that criteria.
Good idea. That will sort it ;)

Seriously, it is good because I honestly don't think they have a clue apart from the same old shortlist that gets pulled out of a drawer every time we need a new manager

Can be worse, but that’s because I rate Martinez in the same brackets as Allardyce.

Lampard couldn’t handle the pressure and the player unrest etc…

There’s a lot worse than Lampard, but there’s also a lot better.

Excuse me how do you know Lampard couldn't handle the pressure, played unrest ? You seem awfully confident for someone I assume, same as me, doesn't know him personally. Chelsea,, a serial Champions league competitor, regularly challenging for the title, seems a much more higher pressure job than us mid table dwellers. Having said that we are hovering near the bottom, but there are in my humble opinion much worse teams than ours, we have been terribly managed this season and have been battered by injuries to key players.

Reactions: Lob

Status
Not open for further replies.