Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need a big reset now.

It'd be too much.

So, no new fancy foreign coach, no potterball revolution, no lampard.... At the moment. And, certainly not Martinez returning.

Duncan til Summer. Thereafter, would be more open to someone like Kovac.

If, Rooney came now. I'd also be ok with it, with Duncan and baines as support.

I'm not convinced we're in such a perilous position as we may think. We could be if we go for a seachange now though.

Get the heart, togetherness and fight back and see where we end up in the summer..... After winning the cup!

Anyone who watched Brighton last night who doesn’t rate or want potter really needs to have a word with themselves about what they want from our club

Duncan till the end of season and go all out in summer and get potter and Dan Ashworth (I’ll let you Google him)
Agreed, Potter and his team are the ones to take us forward, he says he's happy at Brighton but he would do wouldn't he? hopefully he wants a challenge. I still think most people in football see Everton as a massive club, I just hope he see's that too.

Unpopular opinion, but he is the only one we've sacked who I think might have come good eventually.

He sort of had to go, because we were in a downward spiral, but I still think the summer transfer window and the injuries were what were his downfall.

That was the summer he asked for Zouma and didn't get him. He asked for a replacement for Gueye and got Gbamin and Delph. He asked for a left footed right winger and got Iwobi. He asked for an experienced striker to contribute and challenge DCL and he got Moise Kean. Brands and Moshiri let him down badly there, but I don't disagree that he had to go. Things had fallen apart.

Wasn't perfect, difficult to warm to and there were bits and pieces I could moan about, but overall I think circumstances were his downfall rather than his coaching ability.

Be interested to see how he gets on next season.
The silva appointment felt like the only time under moshiri that the club was working towards a plan - everything else since then has appeared to have been to get the biggest named manager we can lay our hands but it’s all built on sand and falls apart at the first sign of choppy waters.

We don't need a big reset now.

It'd be too much.

So, no new fancy foreign coach, no potterball revolution, no lampard.... At the moment. And, certainly not Martinez returning.

Duncan til Summer. Thereafter, would be more open to someone like Kovac.

If, Rooney came now. I'd also be ok with it, with Duncan and baines as support.

I'm not convinced we're in such a perilous position as we may think. We could be if we go for a seachange now though.

Get the heart, togetherness and fight back and see where we end up in the summer..... After winning the cup!
Why do you have so much faith in Duncan? I don’t get it… he managed 4 games and yes he did quite well but by Arsenal the team where dead on their feet and int managers don’t get the respect as players know they are gone by season end. Who says Dunc even wants it till summer. Writhing off half a season is dangerous

Agreed, Potter and his team are the ones to take us forward, he says he's happy at Brighton but he would do wouldn't he? hopefully he wants a challenge. I still think most people in football see Everton as a massive club, I just hope he see's that too.

Isn’t Brighton still a challenge? They’re hardly pulling up trees on the league table in 9th. Think people are going a bit OTT from a 1-1 draw with Chelsea myself.

Possible scenario: We interview Rooney and tell him finish the season with Derby and you got the job once the season is over, no contract but will be leaked to the media, meanwhile Dunc continues till the end of the season, if he turn things around dramatically and we all want him to stay, then we will say sorry to Rooney and keep Dunc, if not, Rooney it is in the summer and the club will finally put to bed the pressure of "give it to Dunc"

Why do you have so much faith in Duncan? I don’t get it… he managed 4 games and yes he did quite well but by Arsenal the team where dead on their feet and int managers don’t get the respect as players know they are gone by season end. Who says Dunc even wants it till summer. Writhing off half a season is dangerous
I wrote it in the Duncan caretaker thread. But basically, I think the manager/ Trainer role is for us at the moment, overrated.

We need stability, continuity, a unified and passionate approach. If, we're in a relegation fight, which I don't believe we are. Then, Duncan is the type you want at the helm. Regardless, he can use this which suits his style and build on it. Hopefully, he's also learned from last time to use his motivation more sparingly to keep levels high over more than 4 games.
I think the training video, shows how much he wants it.
Writing off half a season.... I don't see it. In fact, the opposite. We'll be in a more informed place. And, still in the top League where we belong.

Isn’t Brighton still a challenge? They’re hardly pulling up trees on the league table in 9th. Think people are going a bit OTT from a 1-1 draw with Chelsea myself.
If they have DCL or Lukaku up top instead of Maupay they be 4th. Lad should of had a hat trick yet some how decked every chance up

I suspect it will be Dunc.

I mean he only lost the job last time because it was Ancelotti.

Surely he can see off some of the random chancers like Martinez presently being linked if he does as well as he did in his last spell? Till the end of the season at least.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.