Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you don’t like Martinez and I agree he’s not what we need right now but he’s by no means a chancer. I’m sure the Belgian FA have a bit more nous than you considering the players they are producing over there.
Yes but he cannot bring them to the level that their quality deserves.

I really do not want him back. Have you seen what Nev has said in the red Echo?

Einstein defined insanity as continuing to try something that does not work.

We need Blues in charge. I repeat what I posted elsewhere. All our trophies since early 60s were won with former players in charge.

Yes but he cannot bring them to the level that their quality deserves.

I really do not want him back. Have you seen what Nev has said in the red Echo?

Einstein defined insanity as continuing to try something that does not work.

We need Blues in charge. I repeat what I posted elsewhere. All our trophies since early 60s were won with former players in charge.
Correlation does not imply causation. We won trophies in eras where it was common for clubs to be managed by former players.

It’s superstitious nonsense to believe that only ex players can make us successful. I’d have Pep Guardiola over Alex Nyarko any day.

Because I think they'll want to see what happens Saturday. Rest assured this board goes from game to game without any kind of plan so why would now be any different?

I think we can anticipate what happens. We'll win.

But they're not going to make their decision on one game. They haven't sacked Benitez without thinking about it. I know they're rubbish, but there'd have been discussion about a succession.

IMO it's a no brainer that if you're going to put a manager in charge then you dont mess around handing them a caretaker role before hand. And as said, it's not like they dont know what to expect with Ferguson: plenty of fist pumping and atmosphere generation. Initially.

They could well hand it to him until summer, but the moves so far dont point that way to me. You can be sure Moshiri and Usmanov will have got their contacts up and running since before last Saturday.

You might be proven right eventually. But if they want him why wouldn't they just have told him "interim until the summer"? I mean, they have the evidence of the 4 games he had in charge - and they'd be pushing at an open door with a lot of fans.
Dave mate, we both agreed to give RB a chance. Sadly it did not work out.

I now believe we need to get someone who wore the RBJ. Outsiders do not get this Club.

Catterick, Kendall and Royle have all delivered our last number of trophies.

Ferguson

I think we can anticipate what happens. We'll win.

But they're not going to make their decision on one game. They haven't sacked Benitez without thinking about it. I know they're rubbish, but there'd have been discussion about a succession.

IMO it's a no brainer that if you're going to put a manager in charge then you dont mess around handing them a caretaker role before hand. And as said, it's not like they dont know what to expect with Ferguson: plenty of fist pumping and atmosphere generation. Initially.

They could well hand it to him until summer, but the moves so far dont point that way to me. You can be sure Moshiri and Usmanov will have got their contacts up and running since before last Saturday.

Your talking about a board who have hire hired Allardyce and Benitez, 2 of the worst manager appointments in our history.

Your wildly optimistic if you think they sacked Benitez and had a proper plan in place. In fact it looks like their plan was to try and give it to Martinez on a part time basis....just to ensure we got relegated because I can only assume that's what they want to happen with the decisions (or lack of) made.

Dave mate, we both agreed to give RB a chance. Sadly it did not work out.

I now believe we need to get someone who wore the RBJ. Outsiders do not get this Club.

Catterick, Kendall and Royle have all delivered our last number of trophies.

Ferguson
You could just as easily say Rooney.

As I said above: you dont make someone a caretaker and then employ them as a permanant or interim. If you want him, just pick him and back him. They know what he can do as a caretaker.

That's not happened - so I suspect manoeuvres to be ongoing before and after the Villa game...as per their actual statements on a permanent (not "interim" mark you) solution.

Your talking about a board who have hire hired Allardyce and Benitez, 2 of the worst manager appointments in our history.

Your wildly optimistic if you think they sacked Benitez and had a proper plan in place. In fact it looks like their plan was to try and give it to Martinez on a part time basis....just to ensure we got relegated because I can only assume that's what they want to happen with the decisions (or lack of) made.
...so what does that tell you, even if it was unsuccessful?

You could just as easily say Rooney.

As I said above: you dont make someone a caretaker and then employ them as a permanant or interim. If you want him, just pick him and back him. They know what he can do as a caretaker.

That's not happened - so I suspect manoeuvres to be ongoing before and after the Villa game...as per their actual statements on a permanent (not "interim" mark you) solution.
Rooney is tied up with another club. Ferguson is already here. Give him the job to the end of the season. Another outsider will take us down with this group of players.

Ferguson might give them the rocket they need.

If Moshiri managed to keep his nose out of the footballing part of running a club, my personal choice would probably be Graham Potter with a DOF above him. Sadly can't see the Moshiri part happening.

Given that, I could live with Rooney taking the manager job.

...so what does that tell you, even if it was unsuccessful?

That the plan was a load of bollocks it told me.

If i said to you "I've got a plan to build our stadium out of paper", you'd reply "that's not a plan at all, that's stupid".

So what it tells me Dave is that the board are inept, clueless and most worrying of all, very dangerous when it comes to the wellbeing of Everton Football Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.