Frank Lampard possible next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
100 % backing from me.

I dont want a manager who has 2005 won something and live from that, I want a manager who is willing to win with us his titles.

Lampard has a point to prove and he has the intelligence and the attributes to become a successful manager. As a player he was a serial winner.

Why not kick start his career with us?

I think what impressed me most was his first Chelsea season. Under a transfer embargo he used the youth and make Mount, James and Abraham to England internationals. 4th in the league, FA-Cup-final, CL out vs a unbeatable Bayern side.

Struggled in the 2nd Season after they could spent a fortune. BUT even Tuchel is now struggling. I´m very sure he would give us a rebuilding to a football side not an laughing stock.

Remember the Chelsea game before the Covid outbreak? We´re getting batterd by them and it was one of Ancelottis heaviest defeats in his career.

How long did he stay at derby once Chelsea came calling.
It’ll be the same here.
he’s a London boy, he thought Derby was in Scotland at first.

It’ll be the same here.
Sure it was 1 year, may have been 2 max, but he was never turning down Chelsea, though if he had any sense knowing the way Chelsea get rid of mangers, he should have stayed at Derby at the time

It’ll be the same here.

I've never understood this thought process. The only way a young manager leaves for a bigger club is if they do well for us. And I feel quite ok with that.

If all the DOF lovers are right then it shouldn't matter anyway as we'll just be able to plug a new manager in if one leaves like that

Inferred in an interview once that he saw Everton as a small club.

After a win, the week after a game against us: "We played well tonight but we've been playing well recently - against Everton last week <pause> but also against big clubs to be fair"

Smarmy git who loves the limelight. As Mourinho once said about him "he needs to learn that when his team is playing well he does not need to be on the touchline, shouting and pointing. His team needs him out there when they are losing". Says it all really

No, with a side helping of cheese on toast

It’ll be the same here.
If we took this stance with everybody we thought of as manager we'd never employ anybody. Mind you i reckon not having a manager this past few months would have led to better results than we got with one.

He's a very intelligent fella and he's worked under a range of big managers. Also did well at Derby. I'd give him a go if Rooney doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.