Frank Lampard possible next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty open minded to any appointment this time, as long as they are not a red or a reappointment of a former manager. But I feel like Lampard is definitely one of the best options out there if we only worry about realistic choices.

Lampard
Rooney
Kovac (doubt he's being considered)
Cooper
Duncan
Favre

To be honest I would be ok with any of those. I just want to feel some affinity with the team again and no to dread watching us every weekend

Inferred in an interview once that he saw Everton as a small club.

After a win, the week after a game against us: "We played well tonight but we've been playing well recently - against Everton last week <pause> but also against big clubs to be fair"

Smarmy git who loves the limelight. As Mourinho once said about him "he needs to learn that when his team is playing well he does not need to be on the touchline, shouting and pointing. His team needs him out there when they are losing". Says it all really

No, with a side helping of cheese on toast
The lads won titles all his career and almost always got three points or beat us in the cup whenever he played us - he thinks of City, Chelsea, Liverpool and maybe United and Arsenal as big clubs.
We’ve not once qualified for the champions league in the competitions history and only once was that because of corruption, during his entire playing career we’ve never been on his level.

I genuinely don’t care what anyone said about us, we’ve been crap my entire life and not won a trophy since I was six years old, Ancelotti probably didn’t even know who we were to have called us small. All that matters is our next manager’s dedication and drive to better us and make us big again if they get the job.

Inferred in an interview once that he saw Everton as a small club.

After a win, the week after a game against us: "We played well tonight but we've been playing well recently - against Everton last week <pause> but also against big clubs to be fair"

Smarmy git who loves the limelight. As Mourinho once said about him "he needs to learn that when his team is playing well he does not need to be on the touchline, shouting and pointing. His team needs him out there when they are losing". Says it all really

No, with a side helping of cheese on toast

We're probably one of the biggest jobs he could get at this time. He'll be interested without a doubt. He's a winner, he's going to know this job has to go well if he wants to get back to the very top. He'll be better equipped for the job now than he was 2 years ago as well. I think we kind of forget the obvious fact sometimes that coaches can get better after past experiences, just like players improve.

Wouldn't hack the pressure.

Only got a decent ride at Chelsea cos he's an ex player
He got a good ride at Derby and Chelsea for doing a good job mate, got Derby to the play off final when they didn’t have one of the best teams in the league and had Chelsea right up there and developing youth well during their transfer ban and I think only had one period of bad results second season when Abramovich pulled the trigger because he could get Tuchel in who is the kind of world class manager that wouldn’t touch us with a shitty stick

He seems like a real nothing appointment to me I don't hate him but I can't see what he's done that would make him a good choice for Everton I know people will say that about some of the others too but at least theres a connection with some of them he just seems like a bland choice.

Big fat NO from me.

Tory ✅
Called Frank ✅
Ruined FA Cup final in 2009 for us ✅
Narcissist ✅
Would crumble under the pressure when we lose a few games and he hasn't got the likes of Mount, Jorginho, Havertz, Mendy etc available ✅

He got a good ride at Derby and Chelsea for doing a good job mate, got Derby to the play off final when they didn’t have one of the best teams in the league and had Chelsea right up there and developing youth well during their transfer ban and I think only had one period of bad results second season when Abramovich pulled the trigger because he could get Tuchel in who is the kind of world class manager that wouldn’t touch us with a shitty stick
They did have one of the best teams definitely. Derby finished 6th the year before he took over and 6th the year he was there Chelsea finished 3rd the year before he took over and 4th the year he was there its not that he's done badly at either job but theres no evidence he did anything very impressive either like I say it seems a bit bland.

They did have one of the best teams definitely. Derby finished 6th the year before he took over and 6th the year he was there Chelsea finished 3rd the year before he took over and 4th the year he was there its not that he's done badly at either job but theres no evidence he did anything very impressive either like I say it seems a bit bland.
I do agree tbf, but if he can hit par for our squad he certainly wouldn’t be 15th! Our squad is easily a top ten squad. If he can get us back to the top half whilst helping develop the youth like Gordon and Godfrey and then build on that it would be another ‘good job’.
Basically what I’m saying is I’d accept a good job with steady growth and youth development right now after the disasters we’ve had recently and then see where we go from there!

Utter myth.

He took over Gary Rowett's side who finished 6th the previous season, got knocked out the play offs by Villa.

Lampard took over one of the better sides in the championship and added top Chelsea academy players Tomori and Mount to finish 6th and lose the play off final.

He was given a chance at Chelsea as he was cheap and yes blooded youth. The core team still finished 3rd the previous season and sold Eden Hazard. So he wasn't taking over a poor side.

The academy thing is also a falsehood as he was given that remit and wasn't expected to do anything due to having the transfer ban. He didn't have any pressure. Plaudits for getting a team that finished 3rd...to finish 4th though.

About blooding youth when the transfer ban was lifted....

“I loved the nurturing last year, but I never wanted us to become an academy club. That story is great for five minutes and those debuts when you hand them out are really nice, but then it moves very quickly to people asking if you can win games now."

He wanted to spend £100+mill on Rice, Chillwell, and Tarkowski which Chelsea refused and brought in Werner, Havertz, and Silva instead.

He dropped Rudiger, Jorginho, played Kante further forward.

The pressure came when results weren't happening after the club spent money. Once the pressure increased he buckled...and the fans were a bit easy on it (unlike a few who are turning on Tuchel at the moment).

I just don't think he's got the character coming into a bearpit that is Goodison where it's not easy for him to begin with.

Manager needs some battle scars for us IMO, not a silverpoon

The lads won titles all his career and almost always got three points or beat us in the cup whenever he played us - he thinks of City, Chelsea, Liverpool and maybe United and Arsenal as big clubs.
We’ve not once qualified for the champions league in the competitions history and only once was that because of corruption, during his entire playing career we’ve never been on his level.

I genuinely don’t care what anyone said about us, we’ve been crap my entire life and not won a trophy since I was six years old, Ancelotti probably didn’t even know who we were to have called us small. All that matters is our next manager’s dedication and drive to better us and make us big again if they get the job.
Don't disagree, but I still don't like him.

Will obviously back him if he is the gaffer, yada yada yada

We're probably one of the biggest jobs he could get at this time. He'll be interested without a doubt. He's a winner, he's going to know this job has to go well if he wants to get back to the very top. He'll be better equipped for the job now than he was 2 years ago as well. I think we kind of forget the obvious fact sometimes that coaches can get better after past experiences, just like players improve.
I still think he's a tosser tho

The myth of a manager for Everton should only be one who has won everything before, should be dispelled.

See Ancelotti and Benitez. They even´t gave us a identity or made us hard to beat.

I want one who writes history with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.