Frank Lampard possible next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utter myth.

He took over Gary Rowett's side who finished 6th the previous season, got knocked out the play offs by Villa.

Lampard took over one of the better sides in the championship and added top Chelsea academy players Tomori and Mount to finish 6th and lose the play off final.

He was given a chance at Chelsea as he was cheap and yes blooded youth. The core team still finished 3rd the previous season and sold Eden Hazard. So he wasn't taking over a poor side.

The academy thing is also a falsehood as he was given that remit and wasn't expected to do anything due to having the transfer ban. He didn't have any pressure. Plaudits for getting a team that finished 3rd...to finish 4th though.

About blooding youth when the transfer ban was lifted....

“I loved the nurturing last year, but I never wanted us to become an academy club. That story is great for five minutes and those debuts when you hand them out are really nice, but then it moves very quickly to people asking if you can win games now."

He wanted to spend £100+mill on Rice, Chillwell, and Tarkowski which Chelsea refused and brought in Werner, Havertz, and Silva instead.

He dropped Rudiger, Jorginho, played Kante further forward.

The pressure came when results weren't happening after the club spent money. Once the pressure increased he buckled...and the fans were a bit easy on it (unlike a few who are turning on Tuchel at the moment).

I just don't think he's got the character coming into a bearpit that is Goodison where it's not easy for him to begin with.

Manager needs some battle scars for us IMO, not a silverpoon
Benitez levels of madness that.

Why does the British thing matter?

The bottom 3 managers in the premier league are all British. There are only 5 in the top flight!
It really shouldn’t, but we haven’t done well with foreign managers recently. Maybe we might get a better stint from a British manager, who wants to stick around for a few years, and is worth keeping for that long. Or maybe we won’t?!

Status
Not open for further replies.