Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After his playing career and reputation he could have got a managers job anywhere but he chose to go and chase the money and live the easy life instead that is the last thing we need from a manager in our position none of the names on the list are very appealing but this one would be a crazy appointment.

Pirlo was an absolute disaster at Juve and Xavi looks well out of his depth.

I massively disagree with you on both points.

Pirlo integrated young players while being hamstrung by ageing icons. Were seeing post Pirlo how well he actually did there -- as i said at the time.

Xavi is bringing their identity back and using the youth system.

Of the 3 Cannavaro is the completely unknown quantity, and would make the least sense. That conversely makes him the most likely to be appointed. My order of preference would be Rooney > Lampard > Cannavaro.
I still think the candidates list will be longer than that.

But yeah, I'd have Rooney in over Lampard, just.

I think with the Everton Anarcho-Syndicalist dressing room you stand half a chance with a former player who's been there and done it.

I massively disagree with you on both points.

Pirlo integrated young players while being hamstrung by ageing icons. Were seeing post Pirlo how well he actually did there -- as i said at the time.

Xavi is bringing their identity back and using the youth system.

What??? He scraped top 4 with a team that had won about 8 titles in a row and had no competition? He essentially started this decline.

Of the 3 Cannavaro is the completely unknown quantity, and would make the least sense. That conversely makes him the most likely to be appointed. My order of preference would be Rooney > Lampard > Cannavaro.

Id love to be a fly on the wall for those 3 interviews.

I'm not convinced. His teams were successful because they had top players including the best goalscorer of a generation. It wasn't a difficult job.

That goes against what most experts on Spanish football say.

That’s very rich of you, who gives all managers a season to prove themselves yet won’t give Ferguson more than 4 games.
I gave him 4 games last time: he failed.

win
draw
loss
draw

...nowhere near good enough and the decision makers know it...which is why we're interviewing for a permanent manager in the next fortnight.

I gave him 4 games last time: he failed.

win
draw
loss
draw

...nowhere near good enough and the decision makers know it...which is why we're interviewing for a permanent manager in the next fortnight.

Why did you give him 4 games and not the season, like you kept telling us to give Benitez? You said we weren’t allowed to judge Benitez until he’d had a full season? Why are you allowed to jump to conclusions about Ferguson before he’s had a season?

Parody account.

Status
Not open for further replies.