Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said several times that a manager's track record is a crucial indicator of their likelihood of being successful here. We also have to realise that some candidates will be able to demonstrate in an interview process knowledge of the game, a coherent philosophy and a plan for implementing it, personal and social qualities and an understanding of the club's situation. One or two of those things are easier for someone with inside knowledge of the club and it's people, but I could imagine someone like Cannavaro being genuinely impressive at interview. That can be misleading, but it is a relevant consideration among other things. It doesn't really make sense to me to put Cannavaro in principle lower than Dunc or Rooney. None of them have an impressive managerial CV, so if they're all in the running, then how they perform in the selection process will, and should, play a part in the board's decision.

This is the worry. It is like they are deliberately trying to recruit the most unsuitable, unpopular and incompetent managers they can find
My best guess is that Moshiri is easily swayed by the best job interview.

Go in there with some charm, throw a few big words around to make it sound like you know what you're doing, and maybe a jacked up PowerPoint presentation detailing your '12 step program' to make Everton a top 4 club.

Makes sense that the Italian would get it. Rooney and Lampard are a bunch of wet towels when it comes to personality.

Who to believe?

Kirkbride or Burt?

Everton are not currently considering Fabio Cannavaro for the vacant manager's position.

And while it is thought that some preliminary discussions may have taken place with the 48-year-old, the ECHO understands that the Italian is not in the frame to replace the sacked Rafael Benitez, at present.

Or

I can’t get my head around why they would even have Cannavaro in mind never mind do an interview. He has done nothing of any consequence ?‍♂️
If we had a proper functioning DoF and Cannavaro had been recommended it would be intriguing and I could readily allow that he was someone who had gone under the radar and had unrealised potential.
In the absence of such it just seems odd.

I can’t get my head around why they would even have Cannavaro in mind never mind do an interview. He has done nothing of any consequence ?‍♂️
Neither has Wayne, Dunc or Lampard. We might be too quick to write off experience in the Chinese league. The overall quality might not be great, but Cannavaro has been pitted against teams set up by some very good managers over there (Lippi, Cappello, Scolari, AVB, Pellegrini, Schmidt) and he's done very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.