Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is entirely my point. How the hell have we ended up in this mess.
Well we finished 11th last year, currently 16th.Sacked 6 managers in 6 years. Got about 7 players who are sat on 18 million a year and play 2 games between them maybe.
Have zero money and will be selling one if not both(DCL and Richy) in the summer and not really reinvesting that money
Have 5+ other members of the squad Leaving(woohoo) but will need replacing
Have the worse midfield in England.
Also no DOF or the other 5 jobs

Why would anyone want to take the Everton job?

Let’s hope there’s no twists and he stays with Belgium
Either way, I wouldn't be bothered by it.

But if he come here again I'd be ok with it as we'd play better football and do well (anyone saying they wouldn't accept 5th-to-midtable plus a couple of good cup runs are lying through their teeth).

But what will Martinez do here? Or Rooney? Or Lampard? Or some mad Italian bloke?

We haven't got an interview list consisting of elite managers unfortunately! Thats why I dont get the reservations over a manager like Mourinho.

Every manager we've been linked with wont last 2 full seasons here.
Don’t think Martinez is in the running but with Rooney and Lampard who knows? Play the youth maybe, be able to cope with the likely loss of one or both of DCL/Richy in the summer and have very little to reinvest

Don’t think Martinez is in the running but with Rooney and Lampard who knows? Play the youth maybe, be able to cope with the likely loss of one or both of DCL/Richy in the summer and have very little to reinvest

Only positive with Lampard would be you would hope he could convince 1-2 young chelsea players to come move here.

Our yoof is nowhere near the quality of the likes of hudson odoi, mount & Gallagher.

But what will Martinez do here? Or Rooney? Or Lampard? Or some mad Italian bloke?

We haven't got an interview list consisting of elite managers unfortunately! Thats why I dont get the reservations over a manager like Mourinho.

Every manager we've been linked with wont last 2 full seasons here.

I'll be honest, I dont understand it either.

I get the principle behind it, but the responses often seem way over the top.

Yes he doesnt fit into an ideal structure that would be put in. The reality is, the owner is not going to put that structure in.

The best manager we have had has been Ancelotti, who again was very similar to the above. I don't think Ancelotti was in his absolute prime, but honestly he was light years ahead of Silva, Koeman and other such pretenders. I'd say Mourinho as quite similar.

People complain Ancelotti had us 10th on 59 points. Or Mourinho is 7th in Italy with Roma. Under Benitez, Koeman and Silva we have been in the bottom 5. That's the difference.

I dont know if he would come, but I can see why there would be an attraction from Moshiri.

I’d sooner Potter, or Kovac, but it’s not going to be them… with that in mind, I’m really warming to the idea of Rooney.

Yeah it’s a gamble, but who isn’t? And he’s definitely shown something in his time at Derby. The circumstances he’s had to deal with make us look well-run.

It could be Kovac.

Rooney would be ok. Might be a great fit on an upward trajectory. For me hes a better choice than Lampard.

I've given it some thought, and my view is he wants to go to the World Cup.
He's been to a world cup and a euros. They had more chance of winning those earlier tournaments than this world cup.

I think the offer from EFC was short term and he was up for it to put himself in the shop window again in the PL. But if the deal changed to permanent he'd leave Belgium in a shot.

I'll be honest, I dont understand it either.

I get the principle behind it, but the responses often seem way over the top.

Yes he doesnt fit into an ideal structure that would be put in. The reality is, the owner is not going to put that structure in.

The best manager we have had has been Ancelotti, who again was very similar to the above. I don't think Ancelotti was in his absolute prime, but honestly he was light years ahead of Silva, Koeman and other such pretenders. I'd say Mourinho as quite similar.

People complain Ancelotti had us 10th on 59 points. Or Mourinho is 7th in Italy with Roma. Under Benitez, Koeman and Silva we have been in the bottom 5. That's the difference.

I dont know if he would come, but I can see why there would be an attraction from Moshiri.
If only Moshiri had sacked Martinez and moved heaven and earth for Ancelotti instead of the Dutch fraud who didn’t even want to come

Status
Not open for further replies.