Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been down to having no strike force for most of the season and no Mina for most of it. That's all. That'll be rectified now.

Literally anyone off this forum could walk into that club now as manager and coast it through to the season's end picking formations and team sheets.
if this is some backhanded attempt to get the blame in early for the next manager, then I am afraid we can all see through it.

The Waiter has single-handedly it seems destroyed the very fabric and morale of this club within a matter of months. Although the players are of the relevant technical level to see off relegation, they have been subjected to months of daily counter-intuitive thinking by Benitez. That is a problem.

it is not a question of returning to 'business as usual' for the next man.

Last edited:
We're nowhere near getting relegated.

I've been through (as I'm sure you have) the real relegation threatened campaigns in the 90s, and this doesn't have the same feel AT ALL.

A couple of wins against Villa and Newcastle - very winnable - has us near top half.
Living on mars if you think this squad will stay up. Dreadful midfield no matter the manager.

Looks worse every time I turn on the telly. This team wants to go down. A total mess. First half at Villa not a sniff at goal. DCL still hasn't shown up.
It’s the way the teams set up. I know most people don’t want to hear it but Ferguson is limited particularly tactically. That formation and team selection is on a par with anything the fsw put out. We don’t even look like scoring. 0 attempts!!

I was amazed by the confidence fans showed on here a few weeks ago when they thought all our problems would be solved when DCL returned from injury.

He's OK but he's never going to win games by himself like Lukaku once did.

We're in serious trouble and must be favourites to go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.