Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

For the first time, I'm worried about relegation. Especially when I see the candidates who are linked to the manager job. Benitez was in the process of professionalizing the club, and thus making unpopular decisions, which of course would take time, but necessary. The football that was played was not attractive, but I'm sure Benitez had the experience to steer us through the storm. Unfortunately, he was fired, and now we are a club in full resolution that is linked to managers like Cannavaro, Rooney, etc.

For the first time, I'm worried about relegation. Especially when I see the candidates who are linked to the manager job. Benitez was in the process of professionalizing the club, and thus making unpopular decisions, which of course would take time, but necessary. The football that was played was not attractive, but I'm sure Benitez had the experience to steer us through the storm. Unfortunately, he was fired, and now we are a club in full resolution that is linked to managers like Cannavaro, Rooney, etc.
Utter tripe

With the current players we have at our disposal, I feel the club is probably finished at this level for the time being, which means relegation is likely. Only Everton FC could hook-up with a multimillionaire and regress as an outfit. Typical.

If we play like we have in this second half v Villa for the rest of the season then there is hope for us. That said, sometimes it's the hope that kills.

It going to be a present threat through the spring and into the final 8 games I think.

Nobody can say categorically that it is impossible.

We have struggled with injuries, had a bit of bad luck, sacked the manager. All traits of teams who have gone down before.

Leaky at the back, struggling for goals as well. Whether its a hard luck story or the culmination of years of mis-management, it's going to be a nervous period for us at the very least.

I do know this, if we don't get our act together then we will go down eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.