Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in terms of a managerial search it'll push the panic button?

A win tomorrow keeps us relatively off the chasing pack. Its my assumption that it would by some time for the appointment.

Loss tomorrow and I'd imagine Moshiri will panic.

Who knows. I'm already resigned to relegation

A win tomorrow keeps us relatively off the chasing pack. Its my assumption that it would by some time for the appointment.

Loss tomorrow and I'd imagine Moshiri will panic.

Who knows. I'm already resigned to relegation
We're nowhere near getting relegated.

I've been through (as I'm sure you have) the real relegation threatened campaigns in the 90s, and this doesn't have the same feel AT ALL.

A couple of wins against Villa and Newcastle - very winnable - has us near top half.

I've been through (as I'm sure you have) the real relegation threatened campaigns in the 90s, and this doesn't have the same feel AT ALL.

A couple of wins against Villa and Newcastle - very winnable - has us near top half.
Don’t think we will be, but we’re presently only 5 points clear and the season is half over. So I also don’t think it’s fair to say we’re nowhere near it. A couple more losses and we’re in a scrap. Same as you saying a couple wins and we’re near top half. On recent form, losing them is much more likely than winning them.

I agree this doesn’t have the same feel - it’s worse, as we have the added ingredient of a lunatic owner intent on sabotaging our hopes in the middle of the toughest part of the season by persisting too long with a failure and now bringing in some random manager from the same source.

It's like when Koeman was sacked though and Allardyce appointed in a panic over relegation. We beat West Ham and it was panic over before Allardyce even took his first game.

The only relegation worry is if we get into a losing spiral we can't get out of. It was getting that way under Benitez but if the next manager can't turn that around.

The games in hand are crazy this season, all through the league.

We have 3 games on Norwich, 3 on Brentford, 2 on Southampton, 2 on Burnley & 1 on Watford and Newcastle. Need to make the most of these.

It’s pretty simple really we need to start winning and quickly. win the next 2 games and I think we can relax, lose them and we are in a fight with very few ‘fighters’ in the team.

We should have more than enough to get a few wins with Richarlison, Calvert Lewin and Gray in attack and Mina back.

Another midfielder would help but so will a different set up to the midfield 2.
Yes I have no problems really going forward and attacking but it’s the central midfield that dictates the way we play defend and start the attacks, it’s vital we get good additions in to strengthen this position, really vital.

It's like when Koeman was sacked though and Allardyce appointed in a panic over relegation. We beat West Ham and it was panic over before Allardyce even took his first game.

The only relegation worry is if we get into a losing spiral we can't get out of. It was getting that way under Benitez but if the next manager can't turn that around.
It has been down to having no strike force for most of the season and no Mina for most of it. That's all. That'll be rectified now.

Literally anyone off this forum could walk into that club now as manager and coast it through to the season's end picking formations and team sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.