Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We gave up one major chance and Watkins missed it. It was fine enough but the one time we needed the keeper he wasn't there. It happens too often for us.
Pickford the least of our worries, still, as he's still one of our better players. I agree he could be better, but realistically - we shouldn't be needing a gk to 'bail us out', as you put it, if we were actually any decent in both defence and midfield. Sadly we're not.

So disappointing. I Think Dunc got it wrong. Wrong formation, wrong players starting. Gordon should have started. Should have been 3 In the midfield. We were better in the second half, but DCL was way off the pace today. Made some half decent chances but apparently no one in our squad can head the ball. Honestly think we'll be lucky to stay up. This squad just doesn't have it in them. Too many average to below average players. If Richy or Gray don't do something miraculous, we have no chance of scoring.

First game this season I can recall that I've thought we've been unlucky to lose.

Allan helped - shame his fitness isn't fully there.

Likewise with Calvert-Lewin really. Worries me we're so reliant on him finding his form/fitness - if he gets another injury we're screwed.

Allan looked great when he came on.

I can see us going 433 in the coming weeks, Onyango slotted in well too!

Plenty of positives today, and as you said unlucky to lose that.

15th set piece goal - however we created more chances - we need a three man midfield too....

One hell of an effort how Vila got away with the time wasting was laughable how we got more yellow cards than that team of cloggers laughable

Not that bad - Pickford needs to command his box on set pieces...

Status
Not open for further replies.