Match Thread Everton v Aston Villa - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem with that performance – they gave it everything, just lacking quality as always. On another day something bounces in our favour and we win 2-1.

More of that intensity and we'll be fine.

We're so reliant on Gray having a good game at the moment. Shame he had an off day.

No idea why the hate for JJK. He had a decent game. No idea why the fans get on his back.
Laughable comment. If they can't get a result from that game with the new manager bounce then what makes you think away to 50000 Geordies next time Is going to be easier

With attitude change, a dead wood will be at best a better dead wood. Please see that, to our future manager

First game this season I can recall that I've thought we've been unlucky to lose.

Allan helped - shame his fitness isn't fully there.

Likewise with Calvert-Lewin really. Worries me we're so reliant on him finding his form/fitness - if he gets another injury we're screwed.
So we were unlucky I guess, but what I wonder is what happens if we equalize. Because at 0-0 we didn't have a shot and Villa seemed to think they could just hold us out after the break. And that's where we were unlucky, we should have scored, but are we sure they don't start playing with the ball again and just beat us anyway?

This is a longer term thing too, we are absolute crap when the game is level and really only play well once we're behind and teams give us a bit more rope.

Status
Not open for further replies.