Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
After today and our financial situation I think its best we just give it Dunc until the seasons end.

Limp to the finish line then go for Kovac in the summer.

Something about the mess we are in suggests we need someone proven who can impart his identity on the team but who? Kovac(but he is a risk as he has never managed here)? But it also suggests we need galvanising? And someone who can firefight? Rooney? It also suggests we need someone who plays progressive football? Lampard.

Essentially each of those is a risk.

Don't know who should, could, or will get it at this stage.

In terms of what's realistic and giving the team/fans a lift, then despite misgivings, maybe we should approach Rooney.

We should still aim for the objectively best candidate from the pool available. But that's not how this club works.

Only thing I know abar him is that he's of the FC Diabetes tree, a Ralf 'points win games' Ranginck disciple, and does a mad German-English accent

But his name came up today in conversation

He's a brilliant guy and he has his attractive style but very naive defensively, made some baffling selection choices etc. I don't think Germany in general was ready for someone like him - he grated on tradition. Sure he'll have a pretty decent career but would be a trainwreck here for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.