Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be done in the next few days, which rules a few out I reckon.
Lampard has apparently been spoke too twice, which puts him in the driving seat,

Yesterday proved that Ferguson must not be appointed permanently. We were dominated by Villa's 433 formation and yet Ferguson stuck to 442. No change of tactics apart from a long ball bombardment of Villa defence towards the end of the game. It was embarassing and depressing. Football straight out of the 80's.
Potter and Mourinho have made it very clear they're not interested. Nothing in press about Kovac being interviewed. Rooney is just too much of a risk and Martinez can **** off. So of those we seem to be linked with it would have to be Lampard.
But if you were Lampard or Rooney or any manager you'd think twice about it as the club's a mess and the fans are becoming toxic - a run of bad results would quickly be followed by aggression and negativity from the mad dogs who'd be unfurling their embarrassing banners. Why risk ruining your career with that prospect?
So where do we go? Move heaven and earth to get Gallardo from River Plate. A new man with no baggage of negative opinion against him. A serial winner (he won Argentinian league by a distance last year) who plays fast, tactical, possesion based attacking football. Hopefully he'd come as the money paid in Argentina is a fraction of what he'd get paid here. It would also be an opportunity to prove himself and if he did well the top European clubs would come calling for him.
It won't happen of course as there is no one in the club/board with any experience of football outside UK and now we don't even have a DOF.
Let's face it, we'll probably end up with Dyche - him and Ferguson can then have a contest to see who can shout the loudest.
God help us.

Yesterday proved that Ferguson must not be appointed permanently. We were dominated by Villa's 433 formation and yet Ferguson stuck to 442. No change of tactics apart from a long ball bombardment of Villa defence towards the end of the game. It was embarassing and depressing. Football straight out of the 80's.
Potter and Mourinho have made it very clear they're not interested. Nothing in press about Kovac being interviewed. Rooney is just too much of a risk and Martinez can **** off. So of those we seem to be linked with it would have to be Lampard.
But if you were Lampard or Rooney or any manager you'd think twice about it as the club's a mess and the fans are becoming toxic - a run of bad results would quickly be followed by aggression and negativity from the mad dogs who'd be unfurling their embarrassing banners. Why risk ruining your career with that prospect?
So where do we go? Move heaven and earth to get Gallardo from River Plate. A new man with no baggage of negative opinion against him. A serial winner (he won Argentinian league by a distance last year) who plays fast, tactical, possesion based attacking football. Hopefully he'd come as the money paid in Argentina is a fraction of what he'd get paid here. It would also be an opportunity to prove himself and if he did well the top European clubs would come calling for him.
It won't happen of course as there is no one in the club/board with any experience of football outside UK and now we don't even have a DOF.
Let's face it, we'll probably end up with Dyche - him and Ferguson can then have a contest to see who can shout the loudest.
God help us.
Lampard's silence has been deafening.

I'm not saying he'll be made manager, but he most deffinitley will be getting interviewed again for this job at the very least.

I agree. I would like to see us get Mourinho or Mancini, whichever one we could get soonest - though March is too late for the latter, really. I suspect either would do enough to get us safe. I'm less concerned over Mourinho's volatility. People say he'll smash the place up and upset all and sundry. Frankly, what's not to like about that? We NEED smashing up, calling out, and public apportioning of blame. But it won't happen as long as Kenwright sees mid-table as "good times".
No way would we want Mourinho he is well last it and far far to expensive

Lampard has apparently been spoke too twice, which puts him in the driving seat,

Why would it happen in the next few days?

Lampard on a 2nd interview and Rooney 1st apparently this week.

Ferguson says hes expecting 2 or 3 more games.

God help us.

Do you really truly believe 2nd half we were dominated by Villa? I think thats the wrong way round.

As for Gallardo, if Ferguson beats Newcastle and potentially Leeds + Southampton then we could keep him till season end.

Thats the time to bring in Gallardo. He would be a fantastic appointment.

But now? I think its too big a risk.

So we'll get the manager who Norwich City wanted. Cool. We used to be peers with Liverpool, Arsenal, and United, but after 25 years of Bill we are now appointing Norwich City targets as manager. Talk about decline. To be fair to Bill, we did actually appoint a Norwich City manager just before he took over... That didn't end well either.

Problem for Dunc is that we don't have time to give him time if that makes sense?

If we were comfortably mid-table then we could let him work with the team and get a groove going

We're in a relegation battle now and need results ASAP, so that's probably going to increase the chance of us getting a manager in sharpish who is best suited to making that happen. Dunc probably isn't that guy

No way would we want Mourinho he is well last it and far far to expensive
You may very well be right. But at least with Mourinho we know that he had it at some point. With Rooney, Lampard, and Ferguson we have absolutely no idea whatsoever if they have anything. As I said earlier, I don't envy Usmanov on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.