Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
His PPG rate in actual real football is much higher. Behind doors football should be largely ignored because it won't be relevant moving forward.

And 1.67 gets us to 49 points. I'd take 39 right now to be honest.
Tbh PPG are irrelevant anyway as our squad totally different to Chelsea’s.
Why didn’t we appoint him in the summer? Heard back then he didn’t interview well, even Norwich rejected him and now he’s our Knight in Shining armour.. no thanks

Reactions: Ian
Why didn’t we appoint him in the summer? Heard back then he didn’t interview well, even Norwich rejected him and now he’s our Knight in Shining armour.. no thanks

We didn't appoint him because the owner was obsessed with Benitez. He is always obsessed with the outdated big name from the past because he is utterly clueless about the game.

I wanted Lampard then, and I want Lampard now. It's a no brainer to me.

Lampard rejected Norwich not the other ay around

The more I think about it, the more i'm certain it's going to be Lampard for the following reasons:

Moshiri will look at what happened at Chelsea and would probably be happy with the same here, Frank comes in for 18 months, steadies the ship and then replaced with a 'hollywood' manager in Tuchel. Taking Chelsea to the next level, in Moshiri's head he's probably going to attempt the same
  • Lampard promoted a lot of youth in a difficult season for Chelsea
  • Made some very decent buys when the transfer ban ended
  • And worst case scenario, If we go down he's got Championship experience
  • Moshiri's mate Abramovich will be reccomending him for the job

The more I think about it, the more i'm certain it's going to be Lampard for the following reasons:

Moshiri will look at what happened at Chelsea and would probably be happy with the same here, Frank comes in for 18 months, steadies the ship and then replaced with a 'hollywood' manager in Tuchel. Taking Chelsea to the next level, in Moshiri's head he's probably going to attempt the same
  • Lampard promoted a lot of youth in a difficult season for Chelsea
  • Made some very decent buys when the transfer ban ended
  • And worst case scenario, If we go down he's got Championship experience
  • Moshiri's mate Abramovich will be reccomending him for the job
Come off it.. Difficult season for Chelsea. They had a transfer ban… they still had one of the most expensive squads in world football. Not like Derby with point deductions and other clubs.
The Chelsea manager doesn’t buy the players the DOF or what ever role she has does

We didn't appoint him because the owner was obsessed with Benitez. He is always obsessed with the outdated big name from the past because he is utterly clueless about the game.

I wanted Lampard then, and I want Lampard now. It's a no brainer to me.

Lampard rejected Norwich not the other ay around
There's an article in The Athletic about him today, which is quite interesting. It suggests that he hasn't interviewed very well at places, and has sometimes given off the vibe that he hasn't researched/doesn't know a lot about the team that he's going to be taking over. He also describes himself as an overthinker, and suggests that sometimes he thinks so much about things that he struggles to make a decision. According to the article Lampard didn't reject the Norwich job, he decided to pull out of the running, but it wasn't clear that they were actually going to offer it to him anyway.

It throws up some interesting questions for me. I'm not totally against the idea of him coming in but I don't really see how anybody can be totally behind it and say it's definitely the best option because he just has a very 'meh' CV to date, nothing too concerning but nothing to make you think he's great either. The apparent lack of knowledge and/or preparation that he's supposed to have shown would be a big concern for me in our position, as would him not being decisive. He doesn't fill me with dread as a candidate but he doesn't fill me with confidence either.

Surely they will speak to or have spoken to Kovac. Even if they dont particularly want him they still have to interview one of the top candidates available.Kovac hasnt ruled himself out so im just hoping their is a conversation going on in the background. Would be absolute lunacy not to meet with him

There's an article in The Athletic about him today, which is quite interesting. It suggests that he hasn't interviewed very well at places, and has sometimes given off the vibe that he hasn't researched/doesn't know a lot about the team that he's going to be taking over. He also describes himself as an overthinker, and suggests that sometimes he thinks so much about things that he struggles to make a decision. According to the article Lampard didn't reject the Norwich job, he decided to pull out of the running, but it wasn't clear that they were actually going to offer it to him anyway.

It throws up some interesting questions for me. I'm not totally against the idea of him coming in but I don't really see how anybody can be totally behind it and say it's definitely the best option because he just has a very 'meh' CV to date, nothing too concerning but nothing to make you think he's great either. The apparent lack of knowledge and/or preparation that he's supposed to have shown would be a big concern for me in our position, as would him not being decisive. He doesn't fill me with dread as a candidate but he doesn't fill me with confidence either.
Chelsea basically did him over, he was doing well at Derby and then Chelsea came calling and obviously he wasn’t going to turn it down but he must of known what is likely to happen and now he can’t get a job. He been turned down for a few. He probably needs to go back to the championship and rebuild his rep.

Kinda the same thing with Rooney and us I suppose but we are less trigger happy, being 9th unlikely to get you fired at Goodison

I made a point before about CVs not being the best barometer for clubs looking at managers now. They're tending to go for an idea, a presence, or some link to the club.

It's why your Gerrard's, Rooney's, Lampards, Ole's, Lage, Viera's, even Bielsa's are all getting good jobs because CV wise...you aren't getting a boost of confidence. There's always something more overriding it.

I think the days of that manager going through the ranks from club to club doing good jobs is gonna get less and less for the big jobs.

Probably apart from Potter. But even then...he could take a big job too soon and kill his career for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.