Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kovac feels like it could be the balance between 'big name/good experice/won something/cool sounding name/ looks swarve', that people want.

I just want us to be solid and a bit hard, maybe even aggressive and annoy the pampered big boys a bit, we are getting nowere near winning a league title anytime in my life anyway.

Not even that bothered what people think anymore, I want Dyche....for the reasons above.

We are no longer a top English club.

I wouldn't say that's an unlikely combination at all, they're totally different things.

Firstly we're not talking about general knowledge here we're talking about knowledge of the club he's talking to, so his intelligence level would be irrelevant. We're basically saying that he could be disorganised/underprepared/slightly arrogant or lazy and so isn't au fait with a situation as much as he could be, and also a little bit indecisive. There's absolutely no reason at all why you couldn't be both of those things.
The interesting thing with players like him and Gerrard when they move into management is there is that tendency for them probably to have just been so good that they automatically demand the best out of players that ultimately just aren't up to it.

The trick there is to surround yourself with good coaches and tacticians. i.e. Gary McAllister basically takes all of the training sessions for Villa and I know Jody Morris was heavily involved in Lampard's set up. But there's only so far that can take you.

I'd definitely rather Lampard over Pereira but that's a pretty low bar

The interesting thing with players like him and Gerrard when they move into management is there is that tendency for them probably to have just been so good that they automatically demand the best out of players that ultimately just aren't up to it.

The trick there is to surround yourself with good coaches and tacticians. i.e. Gary McAllister basically takes all of the training sessions for Villa and I know Jody Morris was heavily involved in Lampard's set up. But there's only so far that can take you.

Yeah I think a number of top players have definitely had that problem when becoming managers over the years.

I'm the same in terms of preference, I don't hate the idea of Lampard and his career so far hasn't been long enough to make a proper judgement either way for me. I just find it odd seeing people going all in on him when there's not a lot to go all in on really.

Is kovac like simeone lite? Or is that far off the mark? Seen someone say it and would be made up if true

Thoughts on garcia?

In order not for any paticular reason i want

Kovac
Lampard
Garcia
Rooney

I remember an article about the great Alan Ball when he was managing Southampton. Think it was Le Tissier said he used to get mad because the players couldn’t do what he could, it just bemused him that what he found easy other players struggled with

I remember an article about the great Alan Ball when he was managing Southampton. Think it was Le Tissier said he used to get mad because the players couldn’t do what he could, it just bemused him that what he found easy other players struggled with

There's the story of Bobby Charlton doing free kicks at Preston, getting annoyed they couldn't do it and putting one top corner in his dress shoes. Then walking off.

Kovac feels like it could be the balance between 'big name/good experice/won something/cool sounding name/ looks swarve', that people want.

I just want us to be solid and a bit hard, maybe even aggressive and annoy the pampered big boys a bit, we are getting nowere near winning a league title anytime in my life anyway.

Not even that bothered what people think anymore, I want Dyche....for the reasons above.

We are no longer a top English club.
I think Dyche would be very hard to get mid season, especially when it’s a case of swapping one relegation battle for another. We definitely aren’t the proposition we were a few years ago when there was money to spend.

It does seem like the board want a fairly short term appointment, which I hope means they want to get a DoF in place and let him choose his own manager in the summer. But that’s probably wishful thinking.

I've heard a lot of good things about Jody Morris. Mount spoke very highly of him, and someone on the space last night said he's brilliant.

The more I think about it, the more i'm certain it's going to be Lampard for the following reasons:

Moshiri will look at what happened at Chelsea and would probably be happy with the same here, Frank comes in for 18 months, steadies the ship and then replaced with a 'hollywood' manager in Tuchel. Taking Chelsea to the next level, in Moshiri's head he's probably going to attempt the same
  • Lampard promoted a lot of youth in a difficult season for Chelsea
  • Made some very decent buys when the transfer ban ended
  • And worst case scenario, If we go down he's got Championship experience
  • Moshiri's mate Abramovich will be reccomending him for the job
Lampard did not sign anyone. Chelsea signed who they wanted to sign. Really worth re-emphasising this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.