Strategic Review of club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like nearly everything at board level, we haven't got a clue and can only guess based on the results or put your faith in random ITKs on twitter. Whichever makes you feel better I suppose.

There's no review happening, it's all just buzz words and platitudes to get the happy clappers back on side.

This is Moshiris train set, he's letting bill drive and we have to shut up and kiss their asses for the priveledge of him owning and running our club - after all, we've had some good times haven't we, how dare we be upset at what is going on.

Only way to make a review credible is to have it done through an external party.

Anything else is a whitewash.

This is the crux of the problem at Everton - those that remain are mates of and/were appointed by mates.

There is nobody to play devils advocate or hold others to account for non-delivery.

You cannot run a business at this level, or indeed any level, where there is no boundary between executives and the board.

It's like when there was talk of Bryan Gilvary, CFO of BP, being appointed to the board years back.

They won't approach people of his calibre as their performance would be called out, and individuals of his background wouldn't participate in a charade either.

From what's been said it doesn't sound like a strategic review at all, more just a review of our strategy, which is a different thing altogether. It seems like we're just trying to decide whether or not to have a DoF, and if not who will do some of the things they would have done. It seems like they're trying to make it sound like a much bigger thing than it actually is.

yes totally agree here. To be we have done so much good stuff off the pitch with EiTC etc. But on the pitch things are a shambles. We are not moving forward is there a plan. With out a real shake up and football people on the board running things not Bill or Denise then i dont think things will change. We need a real board made up of football/commercial people. I am no expert but the whole club needs to change.
I live in Wilmslow and was speaking to someone at my sons football club. He is head scout at a football club close by with great connections due to his playing and managerial career. He said the whole youth set up needs to change to at Everton. Unsworth is only interested in growing his CV with what he has won not interested in bringing youth through, we have lost and will continue to loose players if this does not change. He has no reason to lie so wanted to share.
Ah wilmslow. Am I right in saying Robbie savage is from that area?

It's a good point actually , because if it's an internal review it's a bit like Boris doing his own 'independent' enquiries into his own crimes. FM, DBB and BK might end up saying 'we didn't know that there was anything wrong with the club, nobody told us. Even if anything was going wrong, we didn't intend to make any mistakes!'

It would be amazing even if DBB just interviewed people, like ex-players, media pundits, experts in Germany, Spain etc as well as PL and Championship to find some ideas about how to do things really well (and badly, from mistakes too).
Learn from clubs like the red bull group, man city, even forest green, brighton, those successful 'punch above their weight' clubs in Scandinavia etc. ...

Even if we don't formally have an independent reviewer - which we should actually - we could at least gather diverse, innovative views from a wide spectrum of clubs and learn from them.

I've listed some quick ideas off the top of my head - obviously man city is huge, but the way they have gone about their work has been more strategic. Forest green is tiny, but it's so clever how they have developed a unique identity - and lots of other examples in between...
Nothing against cahill but we seem to have this obsession with hiring former players all the time.

We haven’t won anything for close to 30 years - we need a complete reboot of the footballing operation - go find out what the likes of leipzig,dortmund, monchi’s sevilla are doing/have been doing or closer to home brighton and take the best parts and implement them.

Hi All,

I am by no way an expert. I do have a question though. Does anyone know who is doing the strategic review of the club. I do believe this is needed more now than ever. However, if it is being led by DB, Bill, Sharpy then is that not a problem right there? Surely we need an outside team to do this for it to be real? Any thoughts? Also what are the rumours of Cahill joining?

Thanks
Paz
Cupace20220125123544.png

The answer is there for them. How have club's running at a commercial disadvantage from the get go built up to compete at the right end?

By letting clever football people do their jobs. Look at Leicester, Sevilla, Leipzig, Atalanta, potentially now Brighton, and us pre-Moshiri.

There is a way. We have a wonderful opportunity with a lot of the dossers now out the door or out of contract in the summer to wipe the slate clean and get clever football people draw up a 3 year plan to get us to Bramley Moore Dock with a quality premier league side the fans can get behind.

With the way things are going with Joorabchian and co, I tragically doubt it will be taken and we can get used to 12-15th place finishes and brushes with relegation until we become irrelevant and dropping a division is actually neither here nor there anyway.

I think it will be like Chinese whispers (not trying to alienate our oriental brothers and sisters, just not finished my 'woke' training fully) anyway, it will start off along the lines of: "we need a root and branch examination of every department, we are failing spectacularly! and it will end up:" Everton are the go to club in the league, an absolute model run club in every department! "

Status
Not open for further replies.