2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting off with the cup game is ideal really. Shame the two new lads can't be involved, but hopefully it'll be a bit more of a 'youthful' starting XI with Patterson included.

That's a tough discipline packing 20+ players on to a postage stamp for a 1 touch session. It was hard enough in amateur football when half of them were yard dogslol

Never saw anything as intense as that in previous videos, to be fair they seemed to be coping well and Gomes to my surprise looked super calm every lay off.

A few more weeks of that should pay dividends I'd hope. Loved the way Lampard was taking up the Bielsa crouch too, he really does seem to be hell bent on finding a formula for us to build on.

Townsend looks terrified and confused, either that or he's not sure he can trust that fart

Training-31.01.22-095.jpg

I believe Frank Lampard after training went to Farhad and said these players can’t pass or run or shoot so I’m out…

Welcome Frank.. better then Benitez but still not overly impressed.. let’s see

Interesting shouts in this short video - training routine with Allan being used as the spare "6" to play through in the middle of it all

Shouts of "use the 6" and "use Allan"

Might already give you an idea of what the plan is

Did I, did I see ...Iwobi? Was that....Him???? Dear lord dear lord.

Id be shocked if Gilmour isn't signed in the Summer

I'd be absolutely delighted. Appreciate he hasn't managed to set the world on fire at Norwich this season, but everything I've seen of him for Scotland and Chelsea says to me that he's a midfielder in the Barcelona mould. Low centre of gravity, great first touch, wants to take the ball from the defence and progress it into the forward players.

Sounds OTT, I know, but I'm genuinely convinced he's a huge star of the future. Vividly remember watching him play for the first time against Liverpool, not having a clue who he was, then spending the next hour responding to various WhatsApp messages from mates who were all laying eyes on him for the first time and all having the same reaction as me.

Status
Not open for further replies.