Confirmed Signing Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ali is half the things people say he is then in 2024 we will get rid and won't have spent much money on him.

If he becomes anywhere near the player he once was then that will be the difference from us fighting relegation and challenging in Europe again.

No point in diving too much into it until we have seen him in a run of games. Either he isn't arsed anymore and therefore coming here is a massive step down from spurs (because it really is right now for multiple reasons). Or he is looking forward to playing for lampard and to get back to his best.

It's lampards player , for lampards team. So that also has to count for something.

I'm skeptical about this signing. It's quite hard to reverse a fairly dramatic and sustained slump in form. Spurs decided it wasn't going to happen..

A new start under a new manager may provide the impetus he needs. Agreed with posts suggesting he will need as much work with his attitude off the pitch as his application on it.

It depends what we consider a success. Most of our signings these days, we are glad to see the end of their contracts, if we are offering him an extension he is probably doing well enough if Lampard is still here then.
The good news is that if Lampard just gets him back to 'mediocre by his standards' then the signing will have been a win at the price.

I'm not expecting 19-year-old Alli any more than I expect Tom Davies to recover his trajectory at that age. I do think that we'll play footy that suits Alli, and that we'll get some wonder goals. I don't expect double-digit goals and assists each season.

Well, Barkley was obviously one of the best english talents, and had a fantastic first game against Norwich in Bobbys first match. I think Bobby mismanaged him back then giving him way to much freedom to "express himself". He needed guidance, and has since never found his way and probably never will.
But in terms of raw talent, i think Barkley was just as good as Alli :)

Poch tailorsuited his tactic for Dele Alli, and if Frank are able to do that, we might have a gem at our hands.

Thing about raw talent is just that feeling if when to release the pass and being able to find the space is part of raw talent, just as much as pace, skill stength etc, Alli had that and Barkley never did

It's what marked Rooney out even as a teenager as much as anything else.

If Ali is half the things people say he is then in 2024 we will get rid and won't have spent much money on him.

If he becomes anywhere near the player he once was then that will be the difference from us fighting relegation and challenging in Europe again.

No point in diving too much into it until we have seen him in a run of games. Either he isn't arsed anymore and therefore coming here is a massive step down from spurs (because it really is right now for multiple reasons). Or he is looking forward to playing for lampard and to get back to his best.

It's lampards player , for lampards team. So that also has to count for something.

If he wasn't arsed he stays at spurs mate, just look at the host of players we've had that have done that til the end if their contracts.

Or he'd have gone to the barcodes

I reckon the social media stuff will be updated when he's actually at the club, if that makes sense (i.e. after he's done his media duties).

I can remember in his pomp from around 2015-18 he was actually played as a forward under Poch. Spurs had a front 3 of Kane, Eriksen and Dele. IIRC Dele would be sort of coming in off the left. I wonder whether Lampard might be considering that even though we have options there already.

I can remember in his pomp from around 2015-18 he was actually played as a forward under Poch. Spurs had a front 3 of Kane, Eriksen and Dele. IIRC Dele would be sort of coming in off the left. I wonder whether Lampard might be considering that even though we have options there already.
This is my thinking.
I wonder if he is the Richarlison replacemen for the summer.
He is not in a million years a midfielder.
We could see a front free of Dele on the left,.dcl in the middle and richarlison on the right.
Unless it is 4231 formation and he sits behind dcl and Richarlison and gray/Gordon occupy the other front spots and they drop to help the midfield.

If he wasn't arsed he stays at spurs mate, just look at the host of players we've had that have done that til the end if their contracts.

Or he'd have gone to the barcodes
Not really

Look at Jessie Rodriguez. Left real and signed for a few different clubs but ultimately he just didn't care about football anymore so often just didn't play. Ended up at Stoke at one point. Still only 28 but looked a fantastic player before his heart went.

This deal seems more to get his wages off spurs books rather than to make money. You can question why let him go but if he was on a 6 figure wage then that's a massive saving

Status
Not open for further replies.