Confirmed Signing Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time he reached 21, he had the same number of goals and assists as Gerrard, Beckham and Lampard had combined at the same age.
B01CFC81-835B-4369-AE1B-AB3F2BAD24E4.webp

Funny when you look at that great Spurs team that Poch got to the Champions League final:

Rose - Watford
Sissoko - Watford
Trippier - Newcastle
Eriksen - Brentford
Alli - Everton

2 years later and half the team are playing in a relegation battle.
Rose only lasted a couple of months at Watford

Funny when you look at that great Spurs team that Poch got to the Champions League final:

Rose - Watford
Sissoko - Watford
Trippier - Newcastle
Eriksen - Brentford
Alli - Everton

2 years later and half the team are playing in a relegation battle.
Be nice, Eriksen is only at Brentford because he literally dropped dead and got back up.

Besides, we all knew that Spurs team wasn't worthy of a final going in. This is why Poch has the reputation he has.

Think people also need to remember that Spurs as a whole have not been the same team since Poch left, they were terrible under Mourinho, had that stuff with Eriksen wanting to leave, terrible under NES, Conte has got them playing somewhat again but hes another manager who strikes as some players just won't take to.

Plus the stuff with Kane to City - they've had their own issues that could have affected the entire team, dele included, the last few years.

DELE IS A BLUE UTFT BABY WOOOO

Gonna put my plums on the chopping block and predict this fella will be a boss signing.

I think people's concerns will quickly move to the fact he's only on a 2.5yr deal.
I’m the same - I think the fact that he plays a fairly similar role to Lampard when he was a player means that Frank may build a team around him. If (and it’s a big if) we can get Alli back to playing like he was at 20 then he would be our best player by a fair distance

Max investment in this deal is:
£12.5m if he never plays
£22.5m if he plays 20-40 times over the next 2.5 years
Beyond that we don't know the terms of the deal.

Effectively we've taken over his Spurs contract. And every game/appearance costs £500k on top if certain undisclosed levels are hit.

Everywhere has been saying zero fee if he plays under 20 games then at 20 matches a £10mil fee is triggered.

Where have you got those numbers from?

We did it. Lamps is young but he's a string puller in the game. Get more optimistic about him by the day. He's only retired a wer minute and many a player havenhim fresh in the minds as a legend and in awe of him.

Unlike when they have to Google some our past managers to see how successful they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back