Steve Hitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not me amigo.
I have to confess I've never heard of this Hitchens cat.

However from what I've read he's not the sort of guy you want to be Hitchen your wagon to....or is that Overmars after his misdemeanours?
:blush: Sorry mate, I guess I just can't tell my Jazzy's from my Jozzy's these days lol

Errrrm Zat, think about what you've just typed lad, Overnars should be absolutely nowhere near this club after what he's done, he's an absolute cretin of a man

…wouldn’t go near him based on his treatment of women staff.

ffs Zat, he's just admitted he's a dirty little meff. Don't think that type of person should be fitting considered.

Ahhh my mistake. I didnt see the reports :eek:

Thought he had just quit the role as he was moving elsewhere.

Seen this now

I take it back!!

Ashworth has left Brighton :eek:

Linked to us and Geordies

On Ashworth’s departure, chief executive Paul Barber said: “We are sorry to learn of Dan’s decision. He’s been an important part of the club’s senior management team since joining us from The FA, and has made a significant contribution to our club’s progress in the Premier League and Women’s Super League.
“On a personal level, I will be sad to see Dan leave as we’d developed a close day to day working relationship. Dan’s been an excellent colleague and has become a good friend as well. I wish Dan and his family well for the future.
“However, as is the case with all top-quality people in any industry, we are always conscious of the risk of losing key staff to a rival. With that in mind, we always put in place contingencies and succession plans that are designed to minimise the impact on our club.

Ashworth has left Brighton :eek:

Linked to us and Geordies

On Ashworth’s departure, chief executive Paul Barber said: “We are sorry to learn of Dan’s decision. He’s been an important part of the club’s senior management team since joining us from The FA, and has made a significant contribution to our club’s progress in the Premier League and Women’s Super League.
“On a personal level, I will be sad to see Dan leave as we’d developed a close day to day working relationship. Dan’s been an excellent colleague and has become a good friend as well. I wish Dan and his family well for the future.
“However, as is the case with all top-quality people in any industry, we are always conscious of the risk of losing key staff to a rival. With that in mind, we always put in place contingencies and succession plans that are designed to minimise the impact on our club.

"Ah contingencies and succession plans, ffs I knew there was something...." said Farhad Moshiri.

Well, thats not good.

If we get Hitchen when Ashworth was available that seems like a poor move on our part.

We might not have had a say.

Let’s be realistic in the sense that any ambitious DOF like Ashworth, must salivate at having a bottomless pit and a clean slate to start with.

Not that we’re a bad job, but Newcastle must be the equivalent of Christmas for these fellas.

Errrrm Zat, think about what you've just typed lad, Overnars should be absolutely nowhere near this club after what he's done, he's an absolute cretin of a man

Aside from that, which is important, I'm not sure Holland to England is a great fit for a DOF. The cultural differences are just too large. You essentially have an under 25's league, with very strong academies and a tradition of clubs picking players from their youth teams. It is also a league that is based around selling players and reinvesting in areas of the world where the UK has no tradition and rules remain prohibitive to recruit from.

The UK is a net investor, generally has poor pathways for younger players and a tradition of shorter term thinking. You get given money and don't need to sell. Academies invariably are not quite as strong.

It's a massive transition. Not saying it's impossible, but the more you look at Brands (who you could probably argue had a better track record than Overmars) and just say that jump was just too big.

Well, thats not good.

If we get Hitchen when Ashworth was available that seems like a poor move on our part.
Not sure how long he’s been at Brighton, but they have a debt of roughly 200mil on spending in the last 6yrs. Ours is about 240mil

But when you listen to TalkSPORT or something similar they will tell you we’re the only team spending money outside the sky 6.

If potter takes then from 15 to 16 and then to 10th they will build a statue. But that would be failure for us as we’ve spent 500mil

Status
Not open for further replies.