2021/22 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a stinker last night
Yes it can all be mitigated by new club, rustiness, settling in, coming off bench into disrupted team
But I can't help but feel like he's lacking that determination to pull the team up with him
I hope to be proven wrong, but like all these other everton players, when the going gets tough he doesn't get going
He had far from a stinker.

terrible sub from lampard bringing him on to replace gray, should have been DCL or even el ghazi.
dont actually see where dele fits in with the way lampard likes to line up

Presumably the formation will change, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. The back 4 is going to look very creaky mind.

He became more effective once Gomes was replaced. He started to find more pockets of space with the knowledge the ball would actually reach him, rather than suffering what most of our players suffered from all game, which is the fear of finding space, cause it means you have to get back to mark the player your trying to lose when the ball inevitable gets turned over. Unfortunately, the tone was set when Mina had given the ball away twice in 30 seconds at the start.
Its also why we are so easily caught by a press, we rarely find space. Once DvdB came on, it changed for us as we trusted him more with the ball. Alli will be a beneficiary of that.

My take:

Didn’t want him under Benitez, but thought Lampard may get a tune out of him. Guess we’ll find out

Totally forgot he was on the pitch in all honesty
It was a hard game for him to come into, ideally a home game would have been good but needs must, though VDB would have been a better sub early on Imo.

sounds terrible, dele isnt even a midfielder
We have nothing but terrible options. He looked to improve when VDB came on. Allan hasn't got the legs for a 2 and Gomes isn't a serious footballer. Midfielder or not we have to try that or him as a 10 in 4231 because there is no alternatives until March at which point it'll be too late

He became more effective once Gomes was replaced. He started to find more pockets of space with the knowledge the ball would actually reach him, rather than suffering what most of our players suffered from all game, which is the fear of finding space, cause it means you have to get back to mark the player your trying to lose when the ball inevitable gets turned over. Unfortunately, the tone was set when Mina had given the ball away twice in 30 seconds at the start.
Its also why we are so easily caught by a press, we rarely find space. Once DvdB came on, it changed for us as we trusted him more with the ball. Alli will be a beneficiary of that.

It’s annoying when we do that, I remember under Carlo against United in the cup QF we started off by Keane giving the ball away two or three times under no pressure whatsoever, a trip on the ball, a rushed back pass, kicking it straight out. Suddenly players like Docuoure who had started the game well just got sloppy as well and we didn’t get back to normal for about 20 minutes. How you start the game matters massively and we just make too many basic errors over and over again.

My take:

Didn’t want him under Benitez, but thought Lampard may get a tune out of him. Guess we’ll find out

Totally forgot he was on the pitch in all honesty

Same. We had majority of the possession too. I didn't even notice him doing anything until VDB was subbed in, and I went "Oh, there he is"

Status
Not open for further replies.