2021/22 Vitalii Mykolenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only reason this feller is getting doubted is because he was brought in during Benitez's spell.

Overall so far I'd say he's been 6/10.

He's a Ukrainian international with a lot experience even at his young age, he was on Guardiola's radar once, and he just needs clear instruction concerning what's expected of him. He'll do the rest.

I have no doubt he'll be a success here. Cole will bring him on nicely.

….be interesting if Mykolenko comes back in when available. He’s the only conventional LB we have and even the first back-up option (Godfrey) is sidelined.

I think Mykolenko has looked defensively fragile, it won’t be a positive sign for the lad if Kenny is selected ahead of him.
Honestly after Kenny’s performance, he deserves to stay in for another match regardless so wouldn’t read much into it if he is picked. Never thought I’d say that, especially as a left back.

Honestly after Kenny’s performance, he deserves to stay in for another match regardless so wouldn’t read much into it if he is picked. Never thought I’d say that, especially as a left back.

….I actually think Kenny is the safer option at this point in time but I wouldn’t be overly confident on either. Kenny is at least playing for his future.

I think he’ll go straight back in. Far better than Kenny.
He may well be better than Kenny, but, when building team spirit, especially when trying to repair a team spirit which has been so badly damaged by the previous manager, it is important to let the players know that, if you have played well,you will not be immediately dropped when the player you have replaced is fit. The player who is recovering from injury has to prove, either in training or in the under 23 side, that, on current form, he is better than the stand in. You can't just drop them because you think they are a better player.

For what it's worth, I think Myklolenko is a better player than Kenny, but, the fact remains, Kenny had a much better game against Leeds than any game Myklolenko has had for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.